Modified pin box, for use with an HDT. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Chassis and Running Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #1

Washington
Modified pin box, for use with an HDT.

Howdy All,

I don't know how many Dutchman RV owners tow with an HDT but if you do this may be of interest to you. I build a short pin box for my old Weekend Warrior, that I traded in on the new Voltage 3818; I am now in the process of building a short pin box for the 3818. Click this link to be taken to the thread complete with step by step photos of how and why its being done.

Mr. Cob, builds "another" short pin box. - HDT - Escapees Discussion Forum

Dave

Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:10 AM   #2

Louisiana
Nice work. That's awesome that you're able to work with metal like that.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:37 AM   #3

Tennessee
Thanks for sharing Mr. Cob. "Dave" Nice for your application and others similar. I like innovated people... look at your slide mechanism and see if you can engineer a user friendly manual override if system fails. Welcome to the forum
Old 08-21-2014, 03:44 AM   #4

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
Nice work. That's awesome that you're able to work with metal like that.
Howdy Sinecure,

I earned my living as a welder, machinist, fabricator for many years so for me its just another job but it sure beats paying to have something like this made.

Dave
Old 08-21-2014, 03:49 AM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper2b View Post
Thanks for sharing Mr. Cob. "Dave" Nice for your application and others similar. I like innovated people... look at your slide mechanism and see if you can engineer a user friendly manual override if system fails. Welcome to the forum
Howdy Slim,

If I can weld it, hammer it or shoot it, I can handle it, now those slides are something else, been reading a lot about them, watched the video on how to manually move them, looks like a real pain in the arse. Hope I don't ever have to work on them, ya think they would have designed them so you could just put a small crank in the mechanizem and move them but that would make it to easy I guess.

Dave
Old 08-21-2014, 04:02 AM   #6

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy Slim,

If I can weld it, hammer it or shoot it, I can handle it, now those slides are something else, been reading a lot about them, watched the video on how to manually move them, looks like a real pain in the arse. Hope I don't ever have to work on them, ya think they would have designed them so you could just put a small crank in the mechanizem and move them but that would make it to easy I guess.

Dave
I like your style already... I guess between us all we'll come up with something. Not much of a welder.. okay I guess, I can shoot it for sure... and can sing and play a guitar ReverbNation but dont have a solution for the slides.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:30 AM   #7

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper2b View Post
I like your style already... I guess between us all we'll come up with something. Not much of a welder.. okay I guess, I can shoot it for sure... and can sing and play a guitar ReverbNation but dont have a solution for the slides.
Howdy Slim,

Maybe you can help me out, I am about worthless when it comes to computers, how do you folks get your signature to display at the bottom of your posts? I have tried messing around in the profile thing and can't seem to get it to work.

EDIT for some reason its now working, must be magic I didn't do anything.

Dave
Old 08-21-2014, 04:57 AM   #8

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy Slim,

Maybe you can help me out, I am about worthless when it comes to computers, how do you folks get your signature to display at the bottom of your posts? I have tried messing around in the profile thing and can't seem to get it to work.

EDIT for some reason its now working, must be magic I didn't do anything.

Dave
Yep must be magic.