Broken Axle! - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Chassis and Running Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2018, 03:38 AM   #21

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by efbush View Post
If you look closely at the photo you will notice the rust on half of the axle housing indicating that it was rusting for some time prior to breaking. You're lucky it lasted that long. Glad all came out of it fine.

I had tires replaced and brakes/ wheel bearing checked last winter. I’d hope if there was a cracked axle they would have caught it but I guess you never know??
Anyway it all seems to be moving through now. Hopefully we’ll have a check in a few weeks.

rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #22

Colorado
The Saga continues!

It's been over 2 months now and still no check from the warranty company. At this point I have nothing good to say about Protective Extended Warranties. After the adjuster came out we were told all correspondence would be handled by mail. Basically "don't call us". We waited a few weeks and nothing so we called. They told us they needed a new receipt from the shop because our VIN# was not on the original and they needed a copy of my CC statement as proof the repair was paid for. I was upset no one contacted me to request this info but I hung up called the shop and got a new updated receipt and emailed it to them along with the CC statement. When I emailed it I received a return email with a verification# that they got it. I sat tight for another week or more, no response. Yesterday I called in and again got transfered around and finally made it to the dept that writes the check. He say's I see in the noted your receipt is no good, it needs a VIN and we need a CC statement! Now I'm boiling again. I go through the whole thing and provide the confirmation that I sent it all. He eventually finds it and says "let's get this check cut today".
Great! He says they will cut a check for $556.96 for the Axle and labor. I take a quick look at the repair invoice which is in Canadian dollars and estimate that is reasonable. GREAT!
Now, as part of our extended warranty (which we paid a lot of money for!) we are also due reimbursement for our hotel stay and meals during the repair. I tell him this and he basically tells me this claim is for the repair only and I have to start a whole new claim for hotel and meals!!
This, even though they have had the hotel and meal receipts the whole time. Everything was submitted together.
This guy now transfers me back to another department and my wife gets on the phone as she is fuming in the background.
This guy in clams acknowledges they received all the receipts months ago but they could not read them. We have the email up on our end and they are crystal clear on our screen. Not only that but again they received something that needed correction and instead of contacting us they just let it sit!
So, 2 1/2 months later here is where we are. Supposedly a check for $556.96 is being cut today and will go out Monday.
We resubmitted pictures of the receipts and the guy was suppose to confirm he got them yesterday. He never called back (no surprise!)
This company has been a nightmare to deal with. They just deny and delay as long as they can. They are professionals at taking abuse and then defusing the situation with kindness. We did a search on the BBB website yesterday and found many stories like our's. It's just crazy

rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:55 AM   #23

Florida
What's the name of the warranty company again?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote