auto leveling - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #1

auto leveling

Hi all, just joined this forum, i introduced myself under the last post, I am picking up our new Komfort 3650 on Saturday. I stopped by the dealer to look at it today and found out that it did not have the auto leveling sys. that we thought it had. Naturally they tried to talk me out of it and told me they were having issues with these systyms. My question is does anybody have any experience with the lippert sys., good or bad and is it really that necessary. Also I came across a product called level ease, seem like a good alternative allthough only front to back leveling not side to side.
Thanks

transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #2

Texas
Re: auto leveling

I have the Komfort 3650 FFL and it has the Lippert auto leveling system. I love the system, it performs flawlessly. I like the auto feature for hooking/disconnect the fifth wheel. setup is speedy and nice, all you have to do is select auto leveling and sit back and watch. Green light when done and coach is level, I checked with a level and it is right on. I would highly recommend this system for the 3650 as it is 40' long and weighs 12K+. I have no complaints with the Lippert Auto leveling system, just follow the written instructions inside the access door and sit back and watch others cranking and adjusting their units to get them level. so easy

aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #3

I have Lippert's leveling system on my new rig and it's the cat's meow.....I have not heard or read anything about any troubles with the system as the dealer states...sounds more like an error on the dealers part
And yes leveling is important, if the unit is not level you can easily damage the slides.
I would look into it a little more, that is, if you're supposed to have it I would not take delivery.
2012 Infinity 3750FL
rudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply,called dealer today to see what we need to do to get the unit installed, our first trip is coming up in 3 weeks so we need a camper, wife suggests we use it this season and have them install it this winter.
aapcon131 how do you like your 3650ffl, were exited about ours, like the front living room, this will be a big step up from our Wildcat.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #5

Update on the auto level, dealer called today, the factory will install the auto level sys this winter season when not in use. We just have to deal without it this camping season, oh well, it will make me appreciate all that much more. So we will be picking up our new 3650 ffl tomorrow, cant wait to get it home and get it ready for its first trip on Memorial weekend. Will post some pics when we get it home.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #6

Nice to see Dealer making good without to much prompting. Good luck transporter. Get those pics up here for everyone....

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #7

Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by transporter
Thanks for the reply,called dealer today to see what we need to do to get the unit installed, our first trip is coming up in 3 weeks so we need a camper, wife suggests we use it this season and have them install it this winter.
aapcon131 how do you like your 3650ffl, were exited about ours, like the front living room, this will be a big step up from our Wildcat.
We really enjoy our 3650 FFL especially the front living area. The new Infinity 3750 is the identicial version of the Komfort, same floor plan and features and decor. wood trim is a little upscale from the Komfort but thats it. The only issues we have had is the grey/black water valves are not marked(center valve is the black, left is kitchen, right is bath/washer) and the cable/satelite hookup in the access comp were not labeled(left is cable,right satelite), aside from the usual debris behind access panels we are very pleased with the 3650. no major issues at this point. been on three trip thusfar.

aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote