Newbie question… furnace mode in only zone 1 ?? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #1

North Carolina
Newbie question… furnace mode in only zone 1 ??

Kind of got a stupid question. I haven't had a chance to take my TH out yet. We only picked it up last weekend.

While playing with the ccc2 controls, can anyone tell me why when I'm in zone 1, I can go through the modes furnace, ac, etc, etc. but when I go to zone 2 or zone3, there is no furnace choice.

Am I missing something? I've read the instructions that are a sticky in this section but according to that, if I'm reading it right, the choice "furnace" should be available in each of the three zones.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #2

Arizona
Yeah, the furnaces only control is at zone 1. You set the temperature you want and the heat come out the duct work in the entire coach. Pretty much the same as that zone 1 AC comes out in all the rooms and if you have additional AC's in zone 2 and 3 you get additional cooling in the other zones.

So to sum it up. You have one heater and 2 or 3 AC units.

On and you will find one last thing on the heater. The master bath will be the warmest place in the coach.

arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #3

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlan in arizona View Post
Yeah, the furnaces only control is at zone 1. You set the temperature you want and the heat come out the duct work in the entire coach. Pretty much the same as that zone 1 AC comes out in all the rooms and if you have additional AC's in zone 2 and 3 you get additional cooling in the other zones.

So to sum it up. You have one heater and 2 or 3 AC units.

On and you will find one last thing on the heater. The master bath will be the warmest place in the coach.
Thanks Arlan… much appreciated.

Mark
orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #4

Louisiana
Has anyone noticed if their AC unit turns on in "Fan" mode while the heater is on? I tested mine out a few weeks ago and found that the AC fan came on and stayed on, presumedly to help distribute the warm air.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #5

Wyoming
As I'm sure you know, your furnace (Heater) is a completely separate unit from your A/C unit... which is what runs when in FAN mode.

As I understand it... if you have Zone 1 in FAN mode.... your furnace shouldn't be running.

If you have Zone 1 in FURN mode... then your main A/C fan should not be running. If you have Zone 2 & Zone 3 A/C units, those fans could be running, if you have them selected.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote