Furnace Blower Cycles - Then Quits - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2015, 11:56 PM   #1

Ontario
Furnace Blower Cycles - Then Quits

Just posting a troubleshooting tip i figured out the hard way. I just recently purchased a 2003 Colorado 31BK and was having an issue with my furnace. Furnace Blower Cycles - Then Quits. The furnace is an Atwood Model 8535-IV-DCLP.

Error Code was a single blink with a 3 sec pause = Air Flow Limit Fault

1. My first check was to clean all visible leads in the furnace compartment - No Luck
2. Second was to call RV guy - bring circuit board in these commonly go! So I did he tested it and said it was screwed. Bought new one $300 tax in.
3. Tried new board same problem
4. Decided to check the Sail Switch (see photo below). this is located behind the blower fan cowling facing you when looking into the furnace compartment.
5. Jumped switch - Furnaced cycled and starting to work = Faulty Sail Switch.
6. Checked the leads - corrosion present. Cleaned leads tested Switch by engaging by hand with cowling still off = perfectly working furnace.

Morale of the story careful to check all leads in the system before you drop $300 on a non-returnable electrical part. I will try again to get my $$ back as his test said my circuit board was faulty.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150513_122549 copy.jpg
Views:	2709
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	2151   Click image for larger version

Name:	hydroflame.jpg
Views:	4997
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	2152  
Attached Images

YSBfireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:16 AM   #2

Nevada
Wow sounds like air in the line. In my old rv didn't have auto valve switch. When tank ran out of propane it would draw air in the line. I would change tanks and when I switched on heater fan would cycle than shut off. I could then loosened line where it connected furnace allow air to escape until propane smell. Try furnace again even then it might take a few cycles for furnace to ignite. Of course take precautions when dealing with propane
Soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8535, atwood, colorado, sail switch