AC unit seems not to be working - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2016, 03:02 AM   #1

North Carolina
AC unit seems not to be working

2015 model aerolite 242 owned since July 2015 when new. Stored from November until now. On first outing of year to Florida and discovered today that AC unit is not working .

Thermostat set to cool and fan to auto. Unit cycles on and off depending on my moving the temp setting up and down. So the unit runs, but it is also not producing any condensate. Not sure compressor is working or maybe it needs a charge.

Any other ideas so we don't have to be miserable? Temps aren't to bad here but it would be nice to run and have work during the day.

Thank you

WackyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:51 AM   #2

South Carolina
Give it some time. Took mine a while this year to produce any "cool." Unit kicked on and off with thermostat, but not sure if compressor was running. No condensate for hours. Then finally, it woke up. Hard to tell in mild Carolina weather. Wait until it gets hot inside, about 80 degrees, and run it on high. And wait an hour.

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #3

Nevada
Dan,
Some times its better to just reset everything, it shows how to do it in your paper work for the Thermostat, I just started getting my RV for our first trip and all the A/C wouldn't work right, so I reset everything, and they started working right....
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:39 PM   #4

Tennessee
Our Dometic 15k unit went out within the first year, they had a bad batch of condensers, it was repaired free under warranty. It gradually cooled less and less until it started spitting ice chunks out of the vents.