AC thermostat reading 32 F - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2018, 01:14 AM   #1

Texas
AC thermostat reading 32 F

We have a 2017 voltage toy hauler. The main zone, in the living room, is reading 32 degrees F on the thermostat therefore, the AC will not kick on even though it is about 74 inside. The other two zones AC are working perfectly. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
TIA

Frogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 01:19 AM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
We have a 2017 voltage toy hauler. The main zone, in the living room, is reading 32 degrees F on the thermostat therefore, the AC will not kick on even though it is about 74 inside. The other two zones AC are working perfectly. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
TIA
You might try resetting the thermostat.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:57 AM   #3

Texas
2016 Voltage is doing the same thing

We have come back to our toyhauler and it has been over 80 degrees inside. This has happened twice in the last week. We think the RV park is having power surveys and that may be causing it. Zone 1 says inside temp is 32 degrees, so it will not come on. How do you reset the thermostat?
Old 06-01-2018, 02:02 AM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet overkill View Post
We have come back to our toyhauler and it has been over 80 degrees inside. This has happened twice in the last week. We think the RV park is having power surveys and that may be causing it. Zone 1 says inside temp is 32 degrees, so it will not come on. How do you reset the thermostat?

Not knowing which thermostat you have I can offer this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dome...firefox-b-1-ab

Something in the link should work for you.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:20 AM   #5

Wyoming
If you have the Dometic CCC2 thermostat...

https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpr...r_recovery.pdf
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:16 AM   #6

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
We have a 2017 voltage toy hauler. The main zone, in the living room, is reading 32 degrees F on then thermostat therefore, the AC will not kick on even though it is about 74 inside. The other two zones AC are working perfectly. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
TIA
Is it possible your thermostat is set to read in Celsius? 32°C would be 90°F. On my Dometic thermostat, pressing the + & - buttons together changes from F to C.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:14 PM   #7

Texas
AC Original Message

Hi All - My wife is the screen name "Frogster". I had her type the original as i was working on it. After sitting on the phone with our dealer who did give me a couple of those troubleshooting ideas it still didnt work. I turned off the unit for a bit and it still didnt work. I turned off the whole RV and unplugged it and still nothing. Coincidentally the next day I try messing with it again and it started working. It worked the rest of our trip that was 4 more days with no problems. I was set to take the RV into the shop, but we all know how long it tends to sit in these shops so I opted out. Last week I went and ran the generator at the storage and turned the AC on to see if it would do the "32 degrees" problem again and it did not. I am not sure what happened, but will continue to watch it. Our warranty is up in Sept of this year. Happy Camping!
Rauchy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauchy99 View Post
Hi All - My wife is the screen name "Frogster". I had her type the original as i was working on it. After sitting on the phone with our dealer who did give me a couple of those troubleshooting ideas it still didnt work. I turned off the unit for a bit and it still didnt work. I turned off the whole RV and unplugged it and still nothing. Coincidentally the next day I try messing with it again and it started working. It worked the rest of our trip that was 4 more days with no problems. I was set to take the RV into the shop, but we all know how long it tends to sit in these shops so I opted out. Last week I went and ran the generator at the storage and turned the AC on to see if it would do the "32 degrees" problem again and it did not. I am not sure what happened, but will continue to watch it. Our warranty is up in Sept of this year. Happy Camping!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #9

Illinois
October 1st; 32 degrees. LOL. Hope not.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:50 AM   #10

Oklahoma
June 24 Oklahoma, my Kodiak 283BHSL was on 32 when we got to camp ground, You were right pressed both and it changed back to F° , tech crap
Thanks for the info.
Djames37
djames37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #11

Florida
I had this issue recently and it was reading 32*F for the inside temperature. I had issues with the telephone connectors inside the AC units before. Condensation was shorting them out making the system NFG. I bagged all connections and sealed them up and tie wrapped them off the floor of the ducting. This keeps them high and dry.
I solved the 32*F reading issue by tie wrapping the telephone connectors in the shape of an X across the connector blocks. The thermostat was reading this as an open circuit.
All these repairs were done inside the center AC unit.
2014 RAM Mega Cab 4X4 DRW AISIN 4:10
2014 Voltage 3895 Epic III
2012 Screamin Eagle Street Glide - Lots of performance upgrades! S&S 124" stroker kit & 66mm throttle body, big valves, port & polish...She screams performance!
hbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #12

Texas
Very interesting and thank you for the feedback. However, i am a bit confused at what you mean. Was this repair done on the roof at the actual AC unit? OR did you take the ceiling panel off to work below it in the actual air duct? (removing the ceiling panel im not sure i know how to do)
Old 07-03-2018, 01:55 PM   #13

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauchy99 View Post
Very interesting and thank you for the feedback. However, i am a bit confused at what you mean. Was this repair done on the roof at the actual AC unit? OR did you take the ceiling panel off to work below it in the actual air duct? (removing the ceiling panel im not sure i know how to do)
The repair was done from the roof. I took the A/C cover off and the sheet metal ducting to expose the air handler and duct work. There were 4 hex head screws and about 8-12 hex head sheet metal screws securing the duct cover.
Tie wraps, electrical tape, and sandwich baggies were the supplies needed.
2012 Screamin Eagle Street Glide - Lots of performance upgrades! S&S 124" stroker kit & 66mm throttle body, big valves, port & polish...She screams performance!
Old 07-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #14

Florida
Might want to add some good quality duct tape to that list of supplies. Since you are going into the duct work anyway, may as well fix it too. Chances are excellent that the tape job inside the plenum will look like they were done by someone who didn't know which side of the tape was up.
It will make a vast improvement in the cooling capabilities.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:25 PM   #15

Florida
Don't use duct tape. I did on the first repair and it didn't stick well to the wood. It eventually came loose and blocked the air flow across the evaporator coils in the unit. This second repair used aluminum ducting tape. I suspect it will last longer.
Good add to my list of supplies!
Thank you Thom.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:54 PM   #16
Site Team

North Carolina
Another thing is to use a dab of dilelectric grease on the plugs, works wonders.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #17

Texas
AC Out

We are the original group on this strain of messages from the 32 degrees question and still having major issues. I had it working before we left this weekend for the 4th and get all the way to the site, AC is running great for an hour or so. We leave to go to the store and come back and all the AC zones are reading "E1" code and not working. I talked to a Tech on the phone who walked me through many different things and nothing. Needless to say we had to pack up everything and head home as 105 degrees in TX is too hot to stay in the RV with no AC. I have had a lot of issues with my new voltage and its brand new. Not too happy with them to say the least so far. My RV has been in the shop more than we have camped.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #18

Wyoming
Not sure what steps the tech had you do... but here are the steps for E-1 code recovery:

https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpr...r_recovery.pdf

If you have internet access at your site... in most cases, I've found Google & answers from other users on various forums are more help than whoever answers the phone at most of these places. 99% of the time, someone else has already had the issue you may be having, and has posted about it online.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #19

Texas
Thanks ATCGuy - I did that exact thing on the link you sent and still nothing. When i reset it, it then read only zone 3 and zone 4. Funny because i dont even have a zone 4 and then zone 3 wouldnt work anyway. Either way its going to the shop Tuesday, but appreciate your quick response and help.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:34 PM   #20

Texas
BTW - I like your truck. I have a 2013 F-350 Platinum that is also black.