Winterizing your RV - Long Version with Video - Page 4 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2018, 11:25 AM   #31
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Streator
Posts: 2
Illinois
I can see the the low point drains for my hot and cold water lines. I have the the pull valves on the side inside the convent group on my 2018 voyage 3655. the question i have are underneath the 5th wheel there are two pull valves on the the white pic line pipes and I don't know what they are for. the owners manual doesn't say ay; thing about them.
__________________

McG's Mobile Manor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #32
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Central
Posts: 9
Texas
Has anyone tried the antifreeze hand pump kit ? When I spoke to my service department about winterizing, I was told they use those when they winterize. This way seems the easiest since my water pump is mounted in such an inconvenient location.The kit connects to the fresh water connection and after draining and bypassing the hot water heater, you hand pump antifreeze through the system from that point. I have the kit but haven't tried using it.

I also bought the kit to connect to the water pump and pump it in that way. Well after locating the pump I find I would have to do a major reconfiguration of cables and wiring just to get to the pump. I have a Kodiak 255 BHLS and this will be my first year to winterize it. This is my second TT.I don't know why the pump was put into such a difficult place to get to it. My last trailer the pump was conveniently located and easy to modify with the winterizing kit.
__________________

__________________
Mike & Erin
2018 Kodiak 255 BHLS
2018 Denali 2500 (HD )
Retired U.S. Army & Deputy Chief Of Police
Chief203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:25 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,354
Tennessee
I haven't, but my water pump is almost impossible to get to as well. I just resorted to winterizing with air and it has worked just fine. We were hovering just above zero last winter for several days and no problems. Just be sure to blow out the spray ball in your black tank (if equipped) and the spray port. I bought a connector that hooks to the city water, set the compressor to 30psi and blow everything out, it takes about 15 minutes. Then just pour some antifreeze in the traps and toilet.
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,082
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I haven't, but my water pump is almost impossible to get to as well. I just resorted to winterizing with air and it has worked just fine. We were hovering just above zero last winter for several days and no problems. Just be sure to blow out the spray ball in your black tank (if equipped) and the spray port. I bought a connector that hooks to the city water, set the compressor to 30psi and blow everything out, it takes about 15 minutes. Then just pour some antifreeze in the traps and toilet.
I too clear the water system with air. Easier when it comes time to use the systems again. No antifreeze in the water lines. Don't forget the spray port also. I purchased a ViAir system, little expensive but works fantastic.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:29 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Griswold
Posts: 180
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG's Mobile Manor View Post
I can see the the low point drains for my hot and cold water lines. I have the the pull valves on the side inside the convent group on my 2018 voyage 3655. the question i have are underneath the 5th wheel there are two pull valves on the the white pic line pipes and I don't know what they are for. the owners manual doesn't say ay; thing about them.
Those are the fresh water tank drains.
__________________
2014 V3605
2015 Harley Road Glide Ultra CVO
2016 F-350 6.7 SRW SupurDuty Crew FX4 Lariat
dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Beaver Dam
Posts: 100
Wisconsin
Boatgirl66,
The plastic plugs are standard plumbing hardware. I got a replacement at my local hardware store.
I use a socket, 6 inch extension, and ratchet on mine now. I keep it in my Kodiak Cub permanently since I winter camp and use it frequently.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Beaver Dam
Posts: 100
Wisconsin
Blowing out with air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
I too clear the water system with air. Easier when it comes time to use the systems again. No antifreeze in the water lines. Don't forget the spray port also. I purchased a ViAir system, little expensive but works fantastic.
Frank,
When you blow the lines out using the City Water connection, does the pump also get cleared?
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,082
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by persistent View Post
Frank,
When you blow the lines out using the City Water connection, does the pump also get cleared?
no, you need to run the pump dry.
__________________

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.