Water pump intake issue - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-02-2019, 12:27 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Canby
Posts: 4
Oregon
Water pump intake issue

2009 Denali 28LBBS-M5. The water starts spitting and pushing air from the faucets when the tank is about 1/3 to 1/2 empty. Works fine when it's full. The pump is priming fine. Only thing I can figure out is the intake hose has a crack in the tank. Best I can tell I am going to have to drop the tank to make the repair. Before I start pulling screws and insulation anyone have words of wisdom? Or a guide to how to remove the tank? Thanks for any advice.
__________________

Tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:16 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,865
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
2009 Denali 28LBBS-M5. The water starts spitting and pushing air from the faucets when the tank is about 1/3 to 1/2 empty. Works fine when it's full. The pump is priming fine. Only thing I can figure out is the intake hose has a crack in the tank. Best I can tell I am going to have to drop the tank to make the repair. Before I start pulling screws and insulation anyone have words of wisdom? Or a guide to how to remove the tank? Thanks for any advice.

I think I'd first determine if the water level gauge is accurate. It may be off by that much and you actually are out of water.
What is the intake line material?
__________________

__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Canby
Posts: 4
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
I think I'd first determine if the water level gauge is accurate. It may be off by that much and you actually are out of water.
What is the intake line material?
That was my initial thought but when we filled the tank it only took about 10 or 15 gallons. wish that was the case though.
Tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,894
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
That was my initial thought but when we filled the tank it only took about 10 or 15 gallons. wish that was the case though.
When I first got my RV, the tank would only take a few gallons before it splashed back. The gauge indicated only a few gallons. Turned out that it had something (piece of plastic, according to the repair shop) covering the vent so it would not take over a few gallons. I had the same issue with air in the lines. The pickup is too high in the tank.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×