Tanks for rear full bath - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2018, 10:14 PM   #1

Wisconsin
Tanks for rear full bath

I have a 2018 voltage epic 4150, I have sewer hooked upon front and have dumped both, my monitor panel says gray 2 is full, can anyone tell me what goes in this tank, I have not used back bathroom at all, don't have Y hook up yet, is my kitchen sink in this tank? I'm new at all of this, I also only see one drain release by back hose connect, black or gray? Thanks for any help you can give!!!

Auntcolleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #2

Wyoming
Chances are your kitchen sink & washer/dryer drain go to the rear grey tank... and that is why it’s full.

Also, chances are your rear grey tank release valve handle is not located in the wet bay cabin with the others, but should be located somewhere along the frame near your tires.

The photos are from my 3200 model... I’m betting yours are similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	63CE0272-8228-44BE-9901-A15A5262E5F8.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	5170

Name:	854F7756-B862-477A-B9FB-7A41441A1166.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	5171

Name:	CA368A46-A3DF-47F4-9CD1-00C0AA2355B5.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	5172

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:07 PM   #3

Wisconsin
Smile Tanks

I only have a blk and a gray in the box, the one in front of tires that looks like it's for a smaller black pipe and then one by the back connect for the sewer hose, I'm just confused what's what, but since I haven't used rear toilet it shouldn't matter much right? Just empty both? Thank you
Old 12-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #4

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntcolleen View Post
I only have a blk and a gray in the box, the one in front of tires that looks like it's for a smaller black pipe and then one by the back connect for the sewer hose, I'm just confused what's what, but since I haven't used rear toilet it shouldn't matter much right? Just empty both? Thank you
The smaller pipe is for the rear grey tank... which again, probably gets filled by the kitchen sink and washer drain (if you have a washer/dryer hooked up). If that smaller pipe runs towards the front, and into the larger front sewer drain (which, I’m thinking it should), then you simply pull the handle in front of the tires to empty the rear grey tank into the sewer hose you already have hooked up. (NOTE: If the smaller pipe doesn’t run forward, then you’ll need to connect the “Y” sewer hose to empty it)

The handle behind the tires is for your rear black tank for the rear toilet. That’s what the other sewer outlet is for... and if you don’t use the rear bath, then you probably won’t ever need to hook up the “Y” connector.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 12-08-2018, 11:39 PM   #5

Nevada
ATC has it right, We have a Washer/Dryer and the water from that along with the kitchen goes to the handle in front of the tires, like the pictures...The rear sink and toilet goes into the rear black tank....The front gray tank is for the front bathroom
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:46 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Smile

Thank you so much, this has been an experience so far, I'm sure I'll be on here again, been in it almost 2 weeks now here in AZ where we had it delivered. The walk thru at ŕ dealer is to much to remember, but all is really going well and I'm loving the warm weather!!!! Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:54 PM   #7

Nevada
That's great, we come down to AZ sometimes in Jan, but this year not till March....Glad to hear the weather is good, cold and snowing here on and off
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:07 PM   #8

Utah
We have a 2017 Voltage 4150 and the info you have been provided is correct. In our case the shower and bathroom sink are grey tank 1 with the release in the wet bay. The kitchen and garage sink along with the garage shower are drained into grey tank 2 with the release located in front of the tires on the driver side of the coach.

There is a Sani flush system for the front black tank (front toilet) in the wet bay, and the Sani flush for the rear toilet is on the passenger side of the coach near the bathroom area. stupid location but I get why they did that.

Feel free to ask more questions from a fellow 4150 owner.
Grizzly660fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:49 AM   #9

Wisconsin
Thanks for info, we aren't using garage toilet as we don't have a Y yet, but everything else working great! Since your a 4150 owner how are you liking it? Also are our awnings set with a tilt for rain? Mine are all power and don't seem to have a tilt for rain, not that we get much rain here, lol. Thanks again
Old 12-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #10

Wyoming
Quote:
...Also are our awnings set with a tilt for rain? Mine are all power and don't seem to have a tilt for rain, not that we get much rain here, lol. Thanks again
Depends which model you have. All Voltage units used to come with Carefree awnings, but not sure if that’s still true.

If so, the info should be in the owners manual for the awning. For a digital version, check page 4 of the following link:

https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/d...ers-Manual.pdf
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 12-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #11

Wisconsin
Thank you, I think I'll wait til Mark is here to try this, lol.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #12

Utah
Quote:
Thanks for info, we aren't using garage toilet as we don't have a Y yet, but everything else working great! Since your a 4150 owner how are you liking it? Also are our awnings set with a tilt for rain? Mine are all power and don't seem to have a tilt for rain, not that we get much rain here, lol. Thanks again
We really like our 4150! We have owned since June of 2016 as a 2017 early model and used it many times.

We also don't use the garage toilet, I just don't have the need and don't want to deal with two black tanks.

We are located out West (Utah) and if there is going to be rain it usually involves a storm front with lots of wind so if/when it looks like rain I retract all awnings. I have tilted them and leveled them several times as there is an adjustment on each arm with the awning extended so you can raise/lower over all height, and/or raise/lower either side of each awning to allow rain to run off. The rear most awning that goes over the ramp, does not have tilt adjustments that I have figured out.

Grizzly660fan is offline   Reply With Quote