San-T-Flush problem - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
wyo

Virginia
San-T-Flush problem

Is there something I'm doing wrong???
I've hooked a hose to the San-t-flush outlet and nothing.... Shouldn't it just spray and flush??????????? Is there something I'm not doing?? a valve somewhere? this makes No sense!!

wyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #2

Michigan
The San-T-Flush you see isn't an "outlet" - connect a hose and turn on the water with the tank dump valve open - it will spray out and flush out the black water tank it is connected to.

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
wyo

Virginia
Yes that's what I did...... But its like there's a valve turned off somewhere.. Hook up turn on water and nothing...
I had one on my 5th wheel so I do no how they are suppose to work.. but is there a valve somewhere??? There wasn't on it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
The San-T-Flush you see isn't an "outlet" - connect a hose and turn on the water with the tank dump valve open - it will spray out and flush out the black water tank it is connected to.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:49 AM   #4

Michigan
There is a one-way check valve in line between the connector and the tank. I have heard from a few people that theirs was either bad or installed backwards

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
wyo

Virginia
HMMMMM That would make sense why I can't get a flow going..

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
There is a one-way check valve in line between the connector and the tank. I have heard from a few people that theirs was either bad or installed backwards

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2016, 02:13 PM   #6

Virginia
I had one backwards and one that was mounted sideways. Neither worked. Straightened one and flipped the other. Alls well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:52 PM   #7

Arizona
Sorry to jump in this conversation so late, but does anyone have any experience using the line pressure from their camper at the flush connection to hookup to the flush port? I can't imagine that the water pump gets higher than around 40psi so it may not be enough pressure to really give the tanks a good cleaning. If it did work it would be very convenient.
AZ_KODIAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:57 PM   #8
wyo

Virginia
flush

I'm under the impression that its a direct line from hose connection outside to tank.. If I'm wrong please correct me.. I called Dutchman...... what a joke.. Girl I don't believe ever saw a camper...
Old 05-24-2016, 02:28 PM   #9

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_KODIAK View Post
Sorry to jump in this conversation so late, but does anyone have any experience using the line pressure from their camper at the flush connection to hookup to the flush port? I can't imagine that the water pump gets higher than around 40psi so it may not be enough pressure to really give the tanks a good cleaning. If it did work it would be very convenient.
Not 100% sure what you are asking, but I always hookup a 2 way splitter to the water hydrant at the campground, one side goes to a pressure reducer to feed the camper, and the other side I use full line pressure to flush the tanks out.

Everywhere we camp around here has really high pressure, so it works well with the san-t-flush and hydro flush.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:01 PM   #10

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_KODIAK View Post
There's no reason it wouldn't work, but I don't know why you would want to do it. You're flushing your tanks, so you must have a sewer hookup, that means there must be water close by.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #11

Arizona
The dumping station at the campground we typically like to go to has water at the dumping location but you can't hook your hose up to it. They have a spray nozzle fixed to the end of their hose that can't be removed that would only be for flushing out your flex hose and fittings. I would have to run a hose from the potable water filling station which could be done, just not very convenient.
AZ_KODIAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:28 PM   #12
wyo

Virginia
I found out the problem... I had to unhook the check valve and blow air( with air compressor) and pop... she opened up... works now...............