San-T-Flush Problem - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #1

Massachusetts
Question San-T-Flush Problem

I have a 2015 3905 that I picked up new about 3 weeks ago. I was trying to flush my black water tank using the san t flush system but ran into a problem. It seems my flush system is attached to my fresh water tank not my black water tank.
I’m posting a video to see if anybody could possibly explain what’s going on or if someone had a similar problem and how they fixed it.
Attached Files

Nomadpair.wordpress.com
Nomadpair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:16 AM   #2

Arizona
Recommend you return it to the dealer and them sort it out under warranty.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:10 AM   #3

Texas
When my sani-flush is hooked up I can stand on the toilet pedal in the bath and hear the very loud & distinct sound of the spray in the black tank.

If it was inadvertently hooked to your fresh tank, switching it back would be bigger job than I would want to tackle and I'd take the heats advice.

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:50 AM   #4

Massachusetts
I would if I could, but I'm in Boston and the dealer is in Denver. Going to be finding a local dealer for Keystone within the next week or so and then I'll decide if I'm going to keep this wreck or not. I have a page full of issues that are almost as weird and big as this. I've taken care of a lot of minor and some major issues, but some will need to be done with the floors, underbelly and walls removed.
Nomadpair.wordpress.com
Old 01-02-2015, 08:54 AM   #5

Indiana
I'm sure you're frustrated with your grocery list of issues. I too, was in the same predicament that you're in. My servicing dealer was a gazillion miles away.

In the basement, take the 20 +/- screws out of the wall closest to your utilities area. Once open you can follow the water lines. I had a leaking San-T-Flush line behind my wall. It may be as easy as redirecting a pex line.

Good luck

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:31 AM   #6

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
I'm sure you're frustrated with your grocery list of issues. I too, was in the same predicament that you're in. My servicing dealer was a gazillion miles away.

In the basement, take the 20 +/- screws out of the wall closest to your utilities area. Once open you can follow the water lines. I had a leaking San-T-Flush line behind my wall. It may be as easy as redirecting a pex line.

Good luck
Glad you posted this....I have been having a good amount of water coming out of the belly whenever we would hook up to leave, this morning, after hooking up, again, more water. I flushed tanks twice these last two weeks. The water is clean, so I know it is not grey or black. I also know it is not a plumbing leak, per se, we have been using the water pump in the evenings, since the WX has been freezing. So I figure I have a leak with the black tank flush. The lines behind my wet bay are dry, so I am going to drop the belly to see if the connection on the starboard side of the tank is loose.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:05 AM   #7

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post

Good luck
I have already removed the walls in the basement and found it leaking from 3 places in my bathroom. The line from the Flush isn't leaking, it's connected to my fresh water tank...I can and did fill my fresh water tank using the San t flush line. My black water remained empty the whole time it was hooked up.
Nomadpair.wordpress.com
Old 01-03-2015, 06:28 AM   #8

South Carolina
That is absolutely horrible. Just like I've said here many times. Well-designed, good parts procured, but put together by idiots! At least you're in off-season, give them the riot act!
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #9

Wyoming
Well that sucks! Warranty, for sure.

On another note, I notice you use a potable water hose to connect to the San-T-Flush. Normally you would not want to do this as it is generally accepted that black/grey water hoses are not mixed with potable water hoses.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:15 AM   #10

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Well that sucks! Warranty, for sure.

On another note, I notice you use a potable water hose to connect to the San-T-Flush. Normally you would not want to do this as it is generally accepted that black/grey water hoses are not mixed with potable water hoses.
Thanks but now worries there. I use my potable hose once I realize it was connected to my fresh water tank. When I filled my tank the first time it spurted air and water out the San-T-Flush port and after short time it began leaking out of it consistently. I put the hose on the Flush port to show the results.

Another side note...
I tried to winterized our rig before this weeks freeze and found that my winterization line was not connected, I climbed back into the belly and found the end of it that should have gone to the pump just hanging below the floor. I finally got it attached and working, but the frustration is getting a bit much.
Nomadpair.wordpress.com
Old 01-05-2015, 01:31 PM   #11

Oklahoma
It a new rig man, I think I'd park it at the dealership for the winter and get this stuff fixed. You have some serious problems there that should be on the dealer and not you.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:31 PM   #12

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
It a new rig man, I think I'd park it at the dealership for the winter and get this stuff fixed. You have some serious problems there that should be on the dealer and not you.

I agree IF you have no intentions of using your rig this winter - get it to the dealer NOW!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3905, san-t-flush