Rear Bathroom sink - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #1

Virginia
Rear Bathroom sink

Hi Guy's
I have a 2018 Voltage 3605, the last two trips out I keep getting a rotten egg smell when I run the hot water in the rear sink. It does not happen in main bath or Kitchen sink. I have run bleach trough the entire system this spring but can't get rid of rotten egg smell in back bathroom hot water. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Andy3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3605 View Post
Hi Guy's
I have a 2018 Voltage 3605, the last two trips out I keep getting a rotten egg smell when I run the hot water in the rear sink. It does not happen in main bath or Kitchen sink. I have run bleach trough the entire system this spring but can't get rid of rotten egg smell in back bathroom hot water. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
run it for a while and it should stop or take the time to blow out your lines (and hot water heater).

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #3

Virginia
Thanks Frank, if I run it the smell goes away, next time I use it it smells again every time! I have flushed the hot water tank a few times. It's like something is in the line to rear sink hot water side only. Is puzzling.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #4

Florida
If it really becomes a problem, blow all the water out of the lines. somehow water is setting in your hot water heater or the lines and "fouling" and smelling like sulphur.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:55 PM   #5

California
Try covering the atmospheric valve under the sink with a baggy, then run the water and see if it still smells.
Will59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #6

Texas
I had the same problem. I took out the floor of the sink cabinet and noticed the plumbing was loose to the tank. I took it in for service and it came back with still the smell. This time they forgot to reconnect the flush hose under the sink back to the wall(that was an easy fix). It has been fine since then.
skifamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:47 AM   #7

Texas
Hot Water Odor

https://www.campingworld.com/water-h...+parts&start=1

Try the above tool to clean the hot Water tank. Many times sediment builds up and calcium accumulates causing the "rotten egg smell". There is a video that shows how to do it. Worked on a couple of trailers for me.
2Slides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:49 AM   #8

Texas
If link did not work search for Camco Hot Water Tank Rinser.
2Slides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #9

Virginia
Thanks, I will look into this.
Andy
Old 08-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #10

Virginia
I will try this. Thanks
Old 08-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #11

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slides View Post
https://www.campingworld.com/water-h...+parts&start=1

Try the above tool to clean the hot Water tank. Many times sediment builds up and calcium accumulates causing the "rotten egg smell". There is a video that shows how to do it. Worked on a couple of trailers for me.
I will look up the tool, when you had the problem did it smell at all your hot water facets? I am only getting it in rear bathroom so don't understand if the tank needs flushed why it is only there and not all sinks. This is what is so strange. It its not the waste side, or have anything to do with that as I have plugged the sink with cold water then run hot and still get the smell. Thanks...
Old 08-14-2019, 04:00 PM   #12

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3605 View Post
I will look up the tool, when you had the problem did it smell at all your hot water facets? I am only getting it in rear bathroom so don't understand if the tank needs flushed why it is only there and not all sinks. This is what is so strange. It its not the waste side, or have anything to do with that as I have plugged the sink with cold water then run hot and still get the smell. Thanks...
you may want to sanitize your water system? Bleach in your water tank then run all the faucets.