Random Water Pressure Problem Between Kitchen and Bath - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2016, 11:31 PM   #1

Michigan
Random Water Pressure Problem Between Kitchen and Bath

We have a 2015 Denali 5th wheel with a rear kitchen. The water pressure in the shower and toilet are fine but the pressure in the bathroom sink and kitchen sink vary randomly. If the pressure is OK in the bathroom sink, the kitchen is very weak and if it's OK in the kitchen it's weak in the bathroom.
There's no debris in the screen in the kitchen faucet and there's no way to get to the screen in the bathroom faucet (that we could figure out)....but as the pressure there is OK sometime that's not likely the issue.
Any ideas where we should look? ...or is our rig simply haunted?
BTW - this is w/ city water - we've never used the pump.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

jschaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:04 AM   #2

Wyoming
Not sure if this will apply to your situation or not, but...

The first year I had my rig, I used to always have pressure issues. I was constantly complaining about my shower & kitchen sink. Took it to the dealer... they checked. Said no problem. Took it to another place 2 months later... same thing.

The first winter I had it, I did what I call a "partial winterization" of my rig. I drained all my tanks, including the hot water heater. Next, I opened every faucet in my rig. I had bought one of those air fittings... and with my air compressor set to 60 psi on the regulator, I blew air through all of my water lines to ensure there was nothing trapped in them that would freeze. Our temps rarely dropped below freezing where I was, so I didn't bother putting anti-freeze in.

Anyway, to the point... the next time I took my rig out the next spring, my water pressure issues were gone. I had the first good RV shower I'd ever had. Great pressure everywhere, and I've never had any issues since.

So you may wanna try that. Blow compressed air to brought your lines. If anything is in them restricting flow, it'll probably get blown out.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
That is good advice from Tom.

My best guess, due to the fact it is intermittent is that there is a bit of debris in the line somewhere that is getting moved around. If you decide to blow the lines make sure to remove the screens on the faucets.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #4

Michigan
Thank you

Anything is worth trying - we'll see if someone in the park has a compressor (we're wintering in an RV park in Texas). Now - if only we could figure out how to get the screen off the bathroom faucet....
Old 12-26-2016, 07:29 PM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
That is good advice from Tom.

My best guess, due to the fact it is intermittent is that there is a bit of debris in the line somewhere that is getting moved around. If you decide to blow the lines make sure to remove the screens on the faucets.

Aaron
X 2 debris from installation of the plumbing can restrict the faucets, also the screens on the faucets can plug up too and cause problems.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:15 PM   #6

Michigan
Found [part of] the problem

My husband was finally able to figure out how to get the bathroom faucet apart and there was a flow restrictor (or whatever you'd call it since spell check doesn't recognize it) in it. Now on to the kitchen. He's already dismantled the faucet and found nothing and looking further for a restrictor will require climbing under the sink and I suspect that ain't gonna happen any time soon. At least I can get enough water in the bathroom to wash hands and fill a glass to take my pills now.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Tags
water, water lines, water pressure