Propane adapter - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #1

Texas
Propane adapter

I have a question as a new TT owner....I have a quick connect propane connection underneath my TT. My propane accessory has a long hose that connect straight to the bottle of stand alone propane via the inner smaller threads on the bottle. What kind of adapter do I need to make that connection fit into the quick connect adapter? Probably clear as mud?? Thanks in advance

CaseyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:05 AM   #2

South Carolina
I think you want to hook up to the low-pressure outlet on the TT. Understand that by low-pressure, I mean after-the-regulator. On the other hand, your accessory normally takes the little green bottles that screw right into an on-the-device regulator. You have an adapter hose that takes the place of the little green bottle, and can hook directly to a 20lb LP tank.
If that is correct, then you can't do it that way. You can't take low pressure LP, that has already been regulated, and put it into the input of a second regulator. You need to connect the LP hose to the other side of the accessory regulator, i.e. the low-pressure side. However, in many appliances, the regulator is the only control you have on the flame. If you have a separate flame controller you can do it, but if your only controller is on the regulator, you can't. Trying to clear up the mud!

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:08 AM   #3

South Carolina
A RV shop will likely have to parts to create an adapter for you but you might try an industrial supplier as well (Grainger, for example: same quality, less cost). The quick connecter appears to be similar to those used for 90 psi/6 bar pneumatic hose connection but I'm not sure as to whether it is the long or short nose variety. Always use a thread sealant on those threaded fasteners of the adapter.
Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:38 AM   #4

Texas
I had a hard time finding the connectors off the shelf at the hardware store to hook up my RVQ grill.

I fill my tanks at Phillips 66 Propane on Garden City Hwy just northwest of I20. They have a shop fully stocked with all the different propane hose & fittings and made me a custom hose for my grill.

http://gas-and-propane-dealers.cmac....roducts/10270/

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:57 AM   #5

Michigan
Mr Heater brand products are sold at several farm supply stores. They are usually a little cheaper as well but still be prepared to pay around $40 for a complete quick disconnect set.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #6

Texas
Thank you all for the info...and Horned Toad thanks for the close to home info!!!

CaseyB is offline   Reply With Quote