Oxygenics Shower Head - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2019, 05:05 PM   #1

Florida
Oxygenics Shower Head

How many are using the Oxygenics Shower head systems? Do you like it? More importantly does the WIFEY like it (don't care about the dog).

What do you wish it had on it that it doesn't? Any problems or issues? Does the plastic one work as well as the chrome?

If not Oxygenics, then what ???

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:41 PM   #2

Montana
I love it. I even adjust the hot water tap down from full on when showering (cold tap on enough to adjust temp), the Oxygenics shower head still provides plenty of apparent pressure to feel like a decent shower. I even put a similar oxygenics shower head on my home shower based on my camper shower experience.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:43 AM   #3

Texas
Oxygenics is a good shower head. I have a PIH RV shower head in my TT and really like it. The PIH is another good option to consider.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:57 PM   #4

Ohio
I went with the Oxygenics Fury (the one with the adjustable spray patterns) before I even took my first trip. I have very thick hair and when I bought trailer I had very long hair (past my waist). I have not been disappointed. I bought the Chrome color unit ... so I can't speak to the Chrome vs plastic question.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:13 AM   #5

Arizona
we have the plastic one, is great for boon docking and also camping where water is a hook up, wife got cleaned just fine, we just shut the water off while we soap..
rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #6

Florida
Thanks for the responses... Glad to hear that they live up to their advertising.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:20 PM   #7

Texas
We, meaning the boss, did not care for the Oxygenetics head in our first coach and decided not to get it in the one either. We e t the $60 and had it for about 6mo the but removed it after that. The oxygen infusion caused the streams to be higher and to splash all over the bathroom and over the shower curtain. A standard low flow with a shut off valve now works great for the last 2 1/2 years.
CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCLARK View Post
We, meaning the boss, did not care for the Oxygenetics head in our first coach and decided not to get it in the one either. We e t the $60 and had it for about 6mo the but removed it after that. The oxygen infusion caused the streams to be higher and to splash all over the bathroom and over the shower curtain. A standard low flow with a shut off valve now works great for the last 2 1/2 years.
The little woman complains about the amount of water she is getting out of the shower head when she has to use the shower. I changed it to a home style shower head from the "thing" that the RV came with. I have a water softener for the RV so I don't have issues with hard water and soap stains.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:58 AM   #9

Utah
So the DW loves it to s the one who purchased the white on at a show.

We have had ours for 3 years now and love it. Wish we did it sooner.

2014 Dutchmen 261BHS
gazingm42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #10

Texas
A lot of the Walmarts have the Oxygenics shower heads in the RV section. Purchase one to try out, if you don't like it take it back. If you don't like the Oxygenics, PIH is an excellent RV shower head as an alternative to the factory junk.

https://www.amazon.com/PIH-Pressure-.../dp/B0713MVT1M
Old 09-02-2019, 05:59 PM   #11

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by pctomlin View Post
A lot of the Walmarts have the Oxygenics shower heads in the RV section. Purchase one to try out, if you don't like it take it back. If you don't like the Oxygenics, PIH is an excellent RV shower head as an alternative to the factory junk.

https://www.amazon.com/PIH-Pressure-.../dp/B0713MVT1M
A number of people like those shower heads...but does anyone state their calculated water flow? 1 gpm? 2 gpm? When boondocking with limited water/gray tankage, that's a consideration for me as well as apparent water pressure.
People, Places & Things...for over 40 Years!
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #12

Texas
You can really dial back the water on my PIH shower head and still take a good shower.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:00 AM   #13

California
Don’t shower

In all our camping trips in the last 8 months we found that we only used the shower twice - once for my wife to test it and once for me to test it. We were surprised at this actually. But since we camped in swimming locations and they also had shower facilities, we just didn’t use it. It left me curious how many regularly use the shower in their RV. Good to know about this possibility for the future, but a moot point for us atm.
Drinks of choice: any great bourbon-San Diego’s craft beer
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:55 AM   #14

Illinois
My 38MB has a great shower and bathroom. Don't like the idea of walking to a public shower on top of the cleanliness issues. Just my opinion.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #15

Florida
I always use my own shower and NEVER use the public ones. I was broke of that a few years back when I used one of the public ones. I think some of them can be pretty ... need to wear shoes when taking a shower!
Old 09-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #16

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbourbon View Post
In all our camping trips in the last 8 months we found that we only used the shower twice - once for my wife to test it and once for me to test it. We were surprised at this actually. But since we camped in swimming locations and they also had shower facilities, we just didn’t use it. It left me curious how many regularly use the shower in their RV. Good to know about this possibility for the future, but a moot point for us atm.
I use only my shower. I'm not saying it's necessarily always clean ... but at least it's MY dirt!

Many times I camp at places without services as a lot of my trips are to festivals (as a vendor), I'll dry camp on festival grounds or in private parking lots (pre-approved). But if I spring for a campground I'm springing for full hook ups and will continue to use my own shower!
Old 09-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #17

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamW View Post
I use only my shower. I'm not saying it's necessarily always clean ... but at least it's MY dirt!

Many times I camp at places without services as a lot of my trips are to festivals (as a vendor), I'll dry camp on festival grounds or in private parking lots (pre-approved). But if I spring for a campground I'm springing for full hook ups and will continue to use my own shower!
Old 09-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #18

Florida
well, i did it... walmart had the plastic one for 26.00 so ... EASY TO INSTALL, just unscrewed the old one and screwed the new one one. I already had the proper mount so I didn't need to use theirs. One problem i had was with the shutoff, it's supposed to maintain the water temperature by leaving a little stream going, doesn't do that in my instance, it turns cold, very COLD!

It does seem to have quite a bit of pressure and uses very little water. The handle is a nice feature and the hose is quite long enough. I turn the propane switch on so I can have more hot water but when I use this shower head, I notice the propane doesn't come on so that tells me I'm using less water...
Old 09-16-2019, 06:02 PM   #19

Arizona
we just turn the water completely off, I cant stand the dripping they do ( even my low flow shower head at home drips a bit and sometimes puts out scalding water when you first turn it back on ) I just remember how far each one was turned,, MY 6 yo grand daughter and I did a gallons per minute test before i put it on, then after, with a 6 cup measuring cup,,, then did the calculation..

rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote