out door shower connection - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #1

Georgia
out door shower connection

I have a connection with a compression style fitting like that on an air hose for the outdoor shower/hose hookup. I tried to use it this past weekend(first time) and nothing not water pressure or anything. I get water out of every other tap in the camper but this one. Any suggestions??

Old 06-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #2

Florida
I had one of the outdoor faucets freeze and crack on my last fiver. I ordered a new one from manufacturer and the instuctions that came with it said that it must be installed with shutoff valves inside so faucet can be drainer to prevent freezing. Well my new voltage doesnt have those shut offs either but yours might (follow the lines inside).

Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:45 AM   #3

Nevada
Knowing Dutchman they forgot to hook up water lines. Greatest QC on earth! NOT

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #4

Georgia
Thanks Thom I will check it out. I did see a couple of trickles of RV antifreeze come out of the line but nothing since.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:52 AM   #5

Washington
Outdoor shower

Hello All, I am a recent owner of a 2007 or 8 Dutchman Denali 26RL. In trying to get the outdoor spray hose connection to work, I've read that there should be a shut-off valve somewhere inside that may be turned off for draining. I think I have looked everywhere. Either way, I still can't get any water out the disconnect.[with the hose connected] It attaches fine and both hot and cold vavles are fine. Am I missing something?
Thank you for any replys.
Ericho
Ericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:01 AM   #6

Texas
Easy fix, few min. fix, it's the hour it takes to get to it...remove the wall in your storage compartment to access your pipe fittings. Chances are the shut off valve is in the off position. While you are there, using a second person check every water and wash out system you have. My son bought a 5th wheel last year (different brand), we didn't so much as put that wall back on when the dog wash fitting leaked. Not sure why his girlfriend was washing her dog in a Hurricane...

I never used my outdoor shower but when I got into a leak, my shutoff was in the off position from the factory.

I just wish campers had a better access than removing the flimsy back walls.
Penny220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:07 AM   #7

Florida
could also be that the connection froze in the winter and they never fixed it so they just shut it off...
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:18 AM   #8

Washington
Thank you for the reply, I ended up removing the quick connect and cleaned out a check-valve? that was behind it. All is well.

Ericho is offline   Reply With Quote