Location of drain connections??? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #1

New Jersey
Location of drain connections???

Getting ready to de/un-winterize our Aspen Trail 2016 1900RB TT and after poking around a bit, aside from the Black and Grey water tank connections, I have only found two low point drains on my TT. One is connected to a red hose and one is connected to a white hose.. I assume that the white one drains my fresh water tank and cold water piping and the red one drains the hot water side of the plumbing.. Are there any others I should be looking for??

Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:39 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
I would think there would be one more. Typically there are 3 for the fresh water system. Fresh water, cold water (might be blue or white) low point and red for hot water low point. See if you can locate your water tank and see if maybe it is located somwhere odd. On my Coleman 16 I actually had 3 or 4 low points. Two near the ktichen and two more at the rear by the bathroom. That was in addition to the freshwater drain down which was near the front. For some reason I am thinking one of the drain down valves on 1900 is on the left side almost behind one of the wheels. Seem to recall seeing that on one on the dealer's lot.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #3

New Jersey
Thanks Aaron,
Guess I'll have to look a little further..
Allentown, NJ
Old 04-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #4

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I would think there would be one more. Typically there are 3 for the fresh water system. Fresh water, cold water (might be blue or white) low point and red for hot water low point. See if you can locate your water tank and see if maybe it is located somwhere odd. On my Coleman 16 I actually had 3 or 4 low points. Two near the ktichen and two more at the rear by the bathroom. That was in addition to the freshwater drain down which was near the front. For some reason I am thinking one of the drain down valves on 1900 is on the left side almost behind one of the wheels. Seem to recall seeing that on one on the dealer's lot.

Aaron
Aaron,
Thanks for the Reply, After a closer inspection, I located a small white valve just forward of the tires on the driver side (but inboard of the main frame). That should be the one for the fresh water tank as it was the lowest drain point on the trailer. The other two, were set higher up and located between the kitchen sink and bathroom.. I assume to drain the interior piping. Thanks for the help.
Guess when I hook up the "city water" hose I'll find out!!

All the best.
Pat
Allentown, NJ
Old 04-20-2016, 09:29 PM   #5

New Jersey
Thumbs up

Guess I found them all!!! Filled the Fresh water tank, ran the pump, Pressurized the water lines with the city water connection, ran the water heater on gas first and then electric. Not a leak or a drip and everything is working as it should!!
Thanks for the advice.
Allentown, NJ
Old 04-20-2016, 09:39 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstime RVer View Post
Guess I found them all!!! Filled the Fresh water tank, ran the pump, Pressurized the water lines with the city water connection, ran the water heater on gas first and then electric. Not a leak or a drip and everything is working as it should!!
Thanks for the advice.
Pat,

Don't forget to sanitize the fresh water system. There is usually a bunch of construction debris in the bottom of the tank and you never can tell what could be growing in the system.

It's one of those annual maintenance tasks that many people over look. Next door nosey neighbour, had to come over to see what I was doing. He turned a little purple around the gills when I told him.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote