Locating the Water Pump - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 03:15 AM   #1

British Columbia
Locating the Water Pump

Hi!

I'm trying to find the water pump in my 268RBS Coleman, it sounds like it's located behind the shower? But there are no access panels, so I can't actually figure out how I'm supposed to get to it. Is the sound deceiving me? I'm sure I'm missing something...

lilrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Where is your fresh water fill located? That will tell you where the water tank is, the pump should be very close by.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:49 PM   #3

British Columbia
Same general vacinity, under the shower and off to the right when facing the fresh water fill.

I looked under the sink where there's a screw in panel, that was empty
There's a panel in the bottom of the linen cupboard in the bathroom which I can't removed, the screws are in crooked and I can't get the screwdriver in the space. I don't think the pump is over there as the vibrations are coming from the opposite side of the shower from this.
There's no panel in the living room anywhere that I was able to discover, just the slide out.

There is a cover on the underside of the trailer though. Am I going to have to remove this to get to the water pump? I understand there's supposed to be some type of strainer down there that needs to be accessed every few months to clean.

I'm a new camper owner. Do they usually make the "regular maintenance" items this difficult to get to? I just found the hot water bypasses... underneath the stove! Had to remove more screws to get there, and the paneling that they're screwed into is cracked. I can't imagine that lasting the next ten years.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:08 PM   #4

Nevada
You will see, that as you go along, we all have stated that we wish we could have build the dam thing....I have been camping since 1990 and have had a Truck Camper, Trailer, 5th Wheel, and 2 Toy Haulers.....All of them I changed or moved something to make it better for us....Don't let things get to you....enjoy the camping, that's why you got the thing and every camper is not build the same, even if it's the same Model....They just want to get them out and sold....Just have a good dealer, who will do good work on it and tell you where to find what your looking for....
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:40 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrebel View Post
I'm a new camper owner. Do they usually make the "regular maintenance" items this difficult to get to? I just found the hot water bypasses... underneath the stove! Had to remove more screws to get there, and the paneling that they're screwed into is cracked. I can't imagine that lasting the next ten years.
I honestly think it is getting worse.

I am fortunate to have a small trailer with minimal bells and whistles. But that didn't stop them from putting things where they shouldn't. My water pump and freshwater tank are in the same compartment, it was held on with 4 screws, half of them were stripped. I replaced the screws with velcro, for easy removal. I have another access panel that I am going to do the same thing with. I have always done mods to my RV's over the years, but with this one it seems to be more of correcting factory oversights than customization like on the others.

Aaron
Old 04-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #6

British Columbia
I'm still not finding any access panel unfortunately. It looks like I need to remove the corrugated plastic cover underneath? It also looks like once I remove it (or cut into it?) I won't be getting it back on. Am I better off having the dealership take care of it at this point? Having to pay some one to do a 60 second job kind of rubs me the wrong way
Old 04-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #7

Tennessee
Anyway to post some pics? It may be easier to help if we can see it.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:39 AM   #8
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrebel View Post
I'm still not finding any access panel unfortunately. It looks like I need to remove the corrugated plastic cover underneath? It also looks like once I remove it (or cut into it?) I won't be getting it back on. Am I better off having the dealership take care of it at this point? Having to pay some one to do a 60 second job kind of rubs me the wrong way
You can cut the corrugated stuff with a razor knife, and patch it back with gorilla tape. I would cut three sides so you have a hinge on one end.

Aaron