Insufficient draining of grey and black tanks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #1

Pennsylvania
Angry Insufficient draining of grey and black tanks

Purchased a new Coleman Explorer CTU297RE 2 months ago at a Campers World dealer near me. After 2 weekend trips found several things that needed fixed, minor in nature that I could have done myself, but it was brand new, so took it to a Campers World dealer closer to home. The big issue was the grey and black tanks do not drain completely. I open the black water valve first and wait, and wait, and wait. After waiting 10 to 15 minutes, I shut this valva and open the grey water valve ( which drains out of the same sewer hose connection. You can hear wand see water trickling for well over 10 minutes after the valve is opened. Then I reopen the black water valve and more black water flows. Frustrated I switch to the other grey tank, and again the same issue, water trickles forever. I have actually taken the hose off with the valve open and can see a small stream of water about the size of a pencil running out of the pipe. Has anyone else had this problem? I was told by the dealer that all of the warranty items were fixed except for the couch. I think not.
I am inclined to believe, the factory left the piece of the tank that they drilled out for the pipe inside all three tanks.

bigdawg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #2

I dont know how far it is from the outside opening to the tanks but I would open the gray tank unless the black has not been used and try to snake a water hose up the pipe into the tank. see if you hit the valve door of if it goes into the tank. If there is a piece of plastic you suspect the hose will push it out of the way and water will flow. If not you may have faulty valves.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote