Holding Tanks - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #21

Colorado
Aaron,

Want to extend the sewer hose storage tube under the garage of the RV. That way I can carry one along, just in case. Not sure the reason, but I have a brand new 15' drain hose and fittings and just thought I would carry it along.

I have the PVC fittings to lengthen the Sewer Solution hose. And carry them along. But I have two Sewer Solution systems, one for front and rear drain pipes. Each has an extension hose. Which I could combine together if I needed.

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:41 PM   #22

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Well, did my first tank dump on the 3990. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't have the time to do the "Sani-Flush" thing. Is that just a sprayer in the top of the tank to rinse residue, and should it be done every flush? Also discovered that there are four valves, meaning I must have four holding tanks, and only three gauges on my control panel. Does that make sense? I also need to extend the sewer hose holder under my unit like most of you have already done, as it isn't long enough to hold my 15' hose. All in all a successful weekend. No major issues discovered.

Not sure on your rig, but on mine in order to see the reading on the 4th tank (which is the second bathroom black water tank), I have a switch near the bottom right the control panel to alternate between main black water tank and second bathroom black water tank - flip that switch and press the gage button for black water and viola. But as posted on here these KIB gages are all but useless...

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:54 PM   #23

Ohio
Black water valve sticking

The black water valve on our 289RK is very hard to open. I am afraid of breaking the handle off. The bottom of the coach is sealed with plastic cardboard so the valves are not accessible. How do I free the valve up. My wife and I are in our 70's so violence is not an option!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:49 PM   #24

Colorado
Nugget,

Do you have a son or friend that can do a bit of work on your RV?

Problem you're having is not uncommon. The manual valve has an 8 ft long cable, that you can't lube, and is probably twice as long as it needs to be. Thus it hangs up an eventually something bad happens and you can't open or close the valve.

I have two suggestions:

1) Get a Valterra "Twist On" valve that goes on the end of the drain piping...where you connect your flex drain valve. With the tanks drained or valves closed, remove the cap, twist the new valve on, and move the cap to the discharge of the new "Twist On" valve. Then just leave the black tank valve open and use the "Twist On" valve as your black tank valve.

Here's a link to the "Twist On" valve:

Twist On Valve Archives - Valterra.com | Valterra.com

For $26.52 hard to beat.

The other option is to have someone open the belly and replace the manual valve with the Valterra electric valve. Then just flip a switch and you're draining the tank, flip it closed and the valve closes and seals very well. But at $246.18 not cheap...but work just excellent!! I have them on black and grey water tanks!

Here's a link to the electric valves:

EZ-Valve Archives - Valterra.com | Valterra.com

Just a couple of thoughts,

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote