For you winter campers - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2014, 06:27 PM   #1

Oklahoma
For you winter campers

This is the response from Keystone re me trying to get them to pay for winterization because the slide puked and had to go to the dealer in August and is still there.

Thank you for your e-mail. We do not recommend the unit to be used during extreme cold temperatures that would be below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Whether the unit is being lived in or not, the unit would be recommended to be winterized by the manufacturer in these conditions. Using the unit during freezing temperatures, where pipes and plumbing may freeze, could cause plumbing damage that would not be warranted.

We do have dealerships all over North America. When we became involved with your case, you were in Oklahoma at that time. Due to climate, precautions would have had to be taken regardless of the failure of your slide system. I do appreciate your e-mail. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Alisha Howton
Team Lead
Owner Relations
Ph: (866)-425-4369
Fax: (866)-273-1451
ownerrelations@keystonerv.com

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #2

California
I've read this three times & still don't understand what she is trying to say.
#1 Don't use it under 32 degrees.
#2 Only the factory can winterize it.
#3 Warranty wouldn't cover any freeze damage even if factory does winterization.?
I guess that means I'll just use my Teton in cold weather as it was built in Casper WY.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I've read this three times & still don't understand what she is trying to say.
#1 Don't use it under 32 degrees.
#2 Only the factory can winterize it.
#3 Warranty wouldn't cover any freeze damage even if factory does winterization.?
I guess that means I'll just use my Teton in cold weather as it was built in Casper WY.

What she said was, don't use it in cold weather, hence disregard the All Weather Package and the ducted heat to the basement, garage and underbelly.

The manufacturer recommends winterization regardless of whether it's lived in or not during cold weather.

Freeze damage isn't covered if the RV isn't winterized, period.

That's my read on it and I won't get reimbursed for winterization due to their slide failure. It's a maintenance thing she had said previously.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #4

Maryland
Sundancer,

Also she say's that "due to the climate" in Oklahoma (you did say August correct and not November?) the unit should have been winterized already. who does that when you spend that kind of coin on these things, you need to use them as much as possible. yes that's why they offer the all weather package, to extend your camping season to get the most out of your money. And I love the title of Owner Relations, fancy name for we don't give a S#!% about you, we have your money. Keystone customer service is absolutely HORRIBLE! my previous trailer was a Keystone Outback, loved the trailer for 5 years, very well built not one single problem with it other than in year 3 the decals started pealing and I could not get the time of day from Owner relations. when it was time for the bigger toy hauler we specifically stayed away from Keystone and wouldn't you know it, three months after I bought the Voltage, Dutchmen was purchased by Keystone UGH!!! I'm sorry to say that for as much as I paid for the Voltage the old Outback has it all over it for quality. I don't know if you have Camping world out there, but them teamed up with Keystone will give you an Owner relationship for service that will only make your blood boil!
hddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #5

Oklahoma
My argument with her was that since I full time in the thing it wouldn't have had to been winterized if the slide hadn't puked up.

It did go to the dealer in August, not quite time to worry about anti-freeze but since the feet draggers wherever they are caused the delay in parts and therefore the winterization.

Dealer received the parts last week and may be working on it now. The head tech said he's looking at Thursday for it to be finished.

I haven't seen or heard that much good about CW so I only use them as a comparison when I need a goodie or two.

Keystone is big on buzz words, expedited parts, hot2 order schedule, ect.. Yeah, right!
Old 11-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #6

Missouri
My question is what does all weather mean? Besides a piss poor response to you winterization, they say not to use below 32 degrees. All my sales brochures talk about all weather, heated belly's, ETC. WTF

I wonder what this sticker is supposed to mean?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	all season.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1605  

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #7

Oklahoma
My thoughts eggsactly!! We owners must be mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed bull ****.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:37 AM   #8

Maryland
tomorrow is Thursday sundancer, I wish you luck!
hddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Many thanks hddad. I'm optimistic they'll call this morning, if not later today and tomorrow will be pick up day.

I certainly hope so because I've lost my space in this little garage apartment and will have to vacate to a motel for a few days.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #10

Oklahoma
No call yesterday, maybe today. On my way to a local motel for the duration.

Got kicked out of the apartment by a 6'2" former pro football player. Guy's gotta know his limitations I say