DSI-FLT light on electric? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #1

Colorado
DSI-FLT light on electric?

Hi all, the last 2 times I've connected to 30amp service the DSI-FLT light has come on. I have my hot water heater set to electric, NOT propane.
It was my understanding this light was connected to the ignition system on the propane side of the hot water heater. Any idea why this would be coming on when on electric? Also, I've confirmed that with the light on the hot water heater is not heating the water on electric. I can switch back to propane and it works fine.
I've been running it on propane with no issues at all for the past month or more.
Thanks,
Randy

rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharrette View Post
Hi all, the last 2 times I've connected to 30amp service the DSI-FLT light has come on. I have my hot water heater set to electric, NOT propane.
It was my understanding this light was connected to the ignition system on the propane side of the hot water heater. Any idea why this would be coming on when on electric? Also, I've confirmed that with the light on the hot water heater is not heating the water on electric. I can switch back to propane and it works fine.
I've been running it on propane with no issues at all for the past month or more.
Thanks,
Randy
How are your switches set on your control panel? If you have the propane on and the propane shut off, it will try to light but will fault since there is no propane. Can't give you a reason for the electric not working on shore power. Do you think you have power to it ?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:43 PM   #3

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
How are your switches set on your control panel? If you have the propane on and the propane shut off, it will try to light but will fault since there is no propane. Can't give you a reason for the electric not working on shore power. Do you think you have power to it ?

Yes, that’s what I said as well, DSI-FLT is for propane. My problem is the propane switch on the control panel is set to off and the electric is on (switch is lite up) yet I’m getting the DSI-FLT error. If I switch the panel to propane (and turn off electric switch) the water heater lights right up and works fine. No error.
rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:22 AM   #4

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharrette View Post
Yes, that’s what I said as well, DSI-FLT is for propane. My problem is the propane switch on the control panel is set to off and the electric is on (switch is lite up) yet I’m getting the DSI-FLT error. If I switch the panel to propane (and turn off electric switch) the water heater lights right up and works fine. No error.
could the electric element be burnt out causing the fault ??
mine was burnt out and sent the whole RV to Ground Fault
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote