Can’t find Hot Water Bypass - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 04:26 PM   #1

Utah
Can’t find Hot Water Bypass

I just purchased a 2018 Denali 325RL. It was winterized when I purchased it in New Mexconand they were supposed to dewinterize it for me. I am assuming they must have forgotten because the anti freeze was still coming out of the pipes when I got to Phoenix. I cannot seem to get the hot water heater to fill, I am assuming the hot water bypass is still bypassing the hot water heater. I have looked absolutely everywhere inside the coach and in the storage compartment where my leveling system and everything is on the outside. I cannot find the bypass or the water tank anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where the tank is. I’ve looked everywhere, and searched every false panel and can find nothing. Thanks in advance

rdr1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:54 PM   #2

Florida
Most all of the by-pass valves I deal with are within a foot of the water heater..... but finding the heater is what I think you are saying is part of the problem you are having.

Water heaters that are both electric and/or gas operated will be mounted inside a compartment on an exterior wall of the camper and will have a grate type of cover on the compartment. Most will have a lock that looks like a washer, just twist it to align slot.

If yours is strictly electric powered, look under boxed seating such as dinette benches, or in a false panel under one of your sinks or closets.

The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Whatever you do, don't operate the water heater on 110v AC until you get water in it. Applying 110vAC to the element when dry will quickly burn it out.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #4

Florida
My hot water heater on my denali is in the kitchen behind a panel that has four screws in it. I removed the panel and there is the back of the hot water heater. It has several valves that open up allowing the water in and out. I would see if there is an access panel in the hutch by the fridge near the bottom... Is the return air for your heater in that cabinet??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	denali-325rl.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	4611  
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote