Black tank flush hose connection - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 03:02 AM   #1

Colorado
Black tank flush hose connection

Hi all, I have a 2015 Kodiak 240BHSL. We use it ALOT, currently on the road for a year and today I went to hook up the hose to flush the black tank and it seems as though water is not getting into the tank very well (it's very slow to fill). I thought these were called Sani Flush valves but I can not find it online (camping World, etc). Has anyone had a similar experience were this valve is not letting water in? Do I need to replace it and if so where can I find one?
Just to clarify it is the hose connection on the side of the camper that you use to fill the blank tank with water.
Thanks!
Randy

rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:16 AM   #2

Colorado
Update

So I went ahead and removed the fitting from the side of the camper, a hose was screwed into the back of it. The fitting itself is just a straight through connection for the hose however the hose on the inside going to the tank restricts down considerably. I found a small rock wedged in there! Must have been on the hose when I connected last time. Anyway, it was wedged in there pretty good but I managed to dig it out with (I think) no damage. Storms are just rolling in here in Fernie, BC so I'll have to wait until morning to connect it up and try to flush.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:30 AM   #3

British Columbia
I hope that the weather misses you, the forecast was kind of scary. We're supposed to get some thunder storms coming through our area. I'm hearing some off in the distance, so far the dogs are curled up sleeping.

Hope the problem is as simple as it appears and you have a great time in BC.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:38 AM   #4

Colorado
Update 2

Weather missed us, just a nice light show and the removal of the small stone fixed it. Life is good!
Old 07-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #5

British Columbia
Glad it missed you.

We didn't get to watch the light show, but the thunder went on for most of the night. I had to hide in the basement and keep the dogs occupied.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:06 AM   #6

Colorado
new problem - same component

So today I hooked up to flush the black tank and water started dripping heavily out of the underbelly. I sent my wife inside to check things in the bathroom and it was also leaking and flooding the floor in there. It appeared to be coming from the cabinet area and things inside the cabinet were wet.
I pulled the 2 screws at the hose connection (on the outside) and checked that right away, of course they were fine. Tonight I got under the camper and pulled a few of the screws to look in the underbelly. I was moving the hose at the connection but can't find it in the underbelly area. Now I'm wondering if it's not in there? Could it go into the bathroom area instead for some reason? Maybe under the cabinet? Looking for some help in tracing it down.
BTW, it's a Kodiak 240 BHSL.
Thanks all,
Randy
Old 08-06-2016, 04:16 AM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharrette View Post
So today I hooked up to flush the black tank and water started dripping heavily out of the underbelly. I sent my wife inside to check things in the bathroom and it was also leaking and flooding the floor in there. It appeared to be coming from the cabinet area and things inside the cabinet were wet.
I pulled the 2 screws at the hose connection (on the outside) and checked that right away, of course they were fine. Tonight I got under the camper and pulled a few of the screws to look in the underbelly. I was moving the hose at the connection but can't find it in the underbelly area. Now I'm wondering if it's not in there? Could it go into the bathroom area instead for some reason? Maybe under the cabinet? Looking for some help in tracing it down.
BTW, it's a Kodiak 240 BHSL.
Thanks all,
Randy
Randy,

Do you have a cabinet that has an access panel near the area where the water is showing.

Most of the stuff comes through the sidewall into a void where the connections are made. There are a couple of check vavles in there and your cable-vision and phone connections.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:29 AM   #8

Maryland
In my Outback TT, it was under the sink with the vacuum break up near the underside of the cabinet.

On my Voltage, the half bath has it under the sink also. Last summer while flushing the tank, water started dripping from above the tire. Son said there was a puddle inside. Checked the fitting, leaking from the back of the connection. Removed, cleaned, tightened screw fitting, reinstalled, no problems since.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #9

Colorado
Thanks for the replies, it sure seemed like it was coming from under the sink but I couldn't find an access there. With both of you saying it's there I looked closer and sure enough there is a panel at the back right wall under the sink with screws in it. We'll pull into a CG tonight so I can hook up and see where the leak is. It should be interesting seeing down there when the panel is on the wall. I have a feeling I won't have much room to work!
Thanks again and I'll let you know how it goes.
Randy
pedaladventures.com
Old 08-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #10

Colorado
Got the panel pulled and water hooked up to the flush system. Behind the panel was a hard plastic hose going up to a check valve then a hose going right back down. I could hear and feel the water going through but no leaks this time there nor water dripping outside. I suspect that check valve may have either gotten hung up or the water pressure I had (it was very high) may have been overpowering the plastic valve. Anyway, now I know where to find it if it leaks again. Thanks for the help.
Randy
Old 08-06-2016, 09:42 PM   #11

Maryland
Definitely watch the pressure on the flush...it doesn't need anywhere near the pressure that is used for coach pressure. If I remember correctly, my outback had 20psi on the cap. Nothing on the Voltage, but I carry the cheap throw away from Walmart that is preset for the low 40's...as I keep an adjustable unit set to 60 for the coach pressure.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:20 AM   #12

Colorado
Yea, got into a campground tonight and hooked up to flush it again just to be sure. I filled and dumped twice with no issues. I think it may have been a water pressure issue. I use a regulator on my fresh water feed but never thought I'd need it on the black tank flush. Lessons we learn...............
Old 08-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #13

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcharrette View Post
Yea, got into a campground tonight and hooked up to flush it again just to be sure. I filled and dumped twice with no issues. I think it may have been a water pressure issue. I use a regulator on my fresh water feed but never thought I'd need it on the black tank flush. Lessons we learn...............

I'd be ecstatic if that was the only kind of lesson I learned, most of mine cost alot more.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:25 PM   #14

Illinois
3 grand in self inflicted lessons in 16 months of RV ownership. I think buying one is the cheapest part of the ordeal. Good time nonetheless.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote