Atwood Hot Water Heater Circuit Board - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2018, 12:08 AM   #1

Georgia
Atwood Hot Water Heater Circuit Board

I just recently purchased a new Coleman travel trailer with an Atwood Hot Water Heater. The very first trip the water heater would not ignite. I took the camper in to my dealer. They said the circuit board was faulty; so they replaced it. I took the camper out on our second trip and the igniter worked and we had hot water. I turned it off since we would be gone for the day. That evening decided to fire it up again...would not ignite...same exact problem as before. It is now back at the dealer; they have decided that the circuit board is faulty again. I am concerned that maybe there is something else that is causing these circuit boards to go bad. Anyone else having or had issues with these circuit boards going bad?

Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:04 AM   #2

Illinois
Not a big fan of coincidences. If that many boards are bad, Atwood would be out of business. If youe board is indeed bad, they need to find out what is causing it. Just my opinion.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:40 AM   #3

Colorado
You can contact Atwood. You can purchase everything on Amazon for an Atwood RV hot water heater.

You need to get your hands on the manual that shows every part in the system and use this forum and good ol' YouTube to learn about troubleshooting.

Not that complex of a system, and thus not hard to figure out what's really going on and fix it.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:05 PM   #4

Arizona
Water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
I just recently purchased a new Coleman travel trailer with an Atwood Hot Water Heater. The very first trip the water heater would not ignite. I took the camper in to my dealer. They said the circuit board was faulty; so they replaced it. I took the camper out on our second trip and the igniter worked and we had hot water. I turned it off since we would be gone for the day. That evening decided to fire it up again...would not ignite...same exact problem as before. It is now back at the dealer; they have decided that the circuit board is faulty again. I am concerned that maybe there is something else that is causing these circuit boards to go bad. Anyone else having or had issues with these circuit boards going bad?
Hi. Have them check your gas regulator. I had the same issue for almost a year on my Coleman lantern. Finally a savy tech figured it out. They replaced the regulator & I've enjoyed hot water ever since.
Campingon is offline   Reply With Quote