272 RBSS gray water valve - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 02:23 AM   #1

Texas
272 RBSS gray water valve

I have a 2017 Aerolite 272 RBSS with two gray water tanks. The forward gray water tank valve is plumbed upstream of the black water valve. Meaning, in order for me to dump the forward gray water tank I have to dump the black water tank too. Am I just the lucky owner of a rig plumbed backward or are they all that way? Has anyone swapped the valve placement?

3Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:14 PM   #2

Alabama
Angry A real pain

I imagine people installing this stuff do not think about what they are doing. I can't comment on your particular model as I have a fifth wheel that they installed the black empty valve perpendicular to the side wall I-beam and it sits on the I-beam frame. No way to get to the two rear screws and nuts to the valve. I can't take it apart to put in new seals without redoing the whole sewer line.

I know this doesn't help you other than let you know, quality is not number one in the RV world.

Livin the Life
OldOneTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #3

Colorado
I prefer to dump my black water tank first, then use the grey water to help flush out the drain piping.

But I can't imagine the each tank doesn't have it own valve. Thus you can dump each one individually. If you crawl under, remove belly shield if it has one, and look at the layout, you'll know for sure.

If they are plumbed with just one valve...I would think it would be possible to have a full black water tank start backing up into the grey water tank...and that ain't good!!

If it is that way...I would re-plumb the system so that each tank has its own valve right at the tank discharge. And then plumb those to a common drain pipe.

And I would install Valterra electric valves...available on Amazon.

Search this forum and you'll find the pretty good post I did on changing out the valves and re-plumbing the rear grey water tank. Its really not that difficult a project to undertake.

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote