2015 Kodiak 299BHSL holding tanks questions - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Plumbing, Water and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2015, 07:42 PM   #1

Arizona
2015 Kodiak 299BHSL holding tanks questions

We just bought a new 2015 Kodiak 299BHSL a couple of weeks ago. We took it out for the first time last weekend. Great time. Nice trailer.

When we got to the site and set up, I hooked up a new water filter (let it run for a min before I hooked it up to get rid of the charcoal dust). Checked the faucets...purple fluid. I quickly deducted the trailer had been winterized. I turned on all the faucets and let them run for a couple of minuets. Is that enough? Should I flush the system? We live in AZ, so we dont need to winterize.

The control panel shows there are two black tanks and two grey tanks, and a sentence under saying models may vary. How do I know if I actually have two tanks. The underside of my unit has a shield. I would have to remove that so see ?

When I checked the levels towards the end of the trip...one tank showed full, and the other 1/4 full (grey and black). I assume there was some antifreeze stuff in there? With those levels though, the drain in the outdoor kitchen backed up. Does that drain into only one tanks and if that tank is full,,,,SOL?

I really wish the dealer wold have flushed the system and drained the tanks for me when I picked it up.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:39 PM   #2

California
By looking at the floor plan I would say you should only have 2 tanks. 1 black 1 gray. How many handles by the dump fitting? That will tell you for sure.
At 28 gal black & 39 gal gray 2 tanks are all you have.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #3

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
By looking at the floor plan I would say you should only have 2 tanks. 1 black 1 gray. How many handles by the dump fitting? That will tell you for sure.
At 28 gal black & 39 gal gray 2 tanks are all you have.
Two dump handles.

Yeah, I saw the capacities, but didnt know if they were split up or something. Sounds like its not.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:48 PM   #4

Missouri
Like most other trailers, once you use your black tank, it will most likely read full. Mine always does, even after emptied and left dry for a few weekends.

Your 28 gallon black tank should be more the large enough to last you a long weekend without worrying about it. (Unless you attending a chili cook off or something like that.)

There is really nothing you can do about the poor readings on the black tank, they all suck.

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote