wiring diagram - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #1

Minnesota
wiring diagram

hi all.im new to the fourm.glad to see that there is a dutchmen fourm which will help me out with my new to me used camper.already have a hopefully small problem.i needed a new rv tow cable.instead of replacing just the end i got a whole cable.i wrote down where all the wires go but must of messed up somewhere.i was wondering if someone has a pic of the wiring of the inside of the junction box on the trailer so i maybe see where i messed up or maybe a wiring diagram.i have a 1993-94 26ft dutch classic.the black wire from the 7 blade cable has a O terminal on it and not to sure where it should go.i think its the brake.i also had to replace the little circutbraker in side the junction box.any help would be much appreciated.thanks for your time. if you need more info just ask.

blackcat96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat96 View Post
hi all.im new to the fourm.glad to see that there is a dutchmen fourm which will help me out with my new to me used camper.already have a hopefully small problem.i needed a new rv tow cable.instead of replacing just the end i got a whole cable.i wrote down where all the wires go but must of messed up somewhere.i was wondering if someone has a pic of the wiring of the inside of the junction box on the trailer so i maybe see where i messed up or maybe a wiring diagram.i have a 1993-94 26ft dutch classic.the black wire from the 7 blade cable has a O terminal on it and not to sure where it should go.i think its the brake.i also had to replace the little circutbraker in side the junction box.any help would be much appreciated.thanks for your time. if you need more info just ask.
Did you remove all of the wires from the junction box already?

Here's a link to the Owners manual for your trailer.
http://dutchmen.com/image/data/docum...s%20manual.pdf

Check page 18, I think the box at the bottom of the left column will help you.

Good luck.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #3

Minnesota
ya most of them i took off 1 by 1 and wrote down what went to them with other wires that might have been with them ( many wires to 1 lead )the black lead is the power in not the break like i posted before.i read wrong.i think i might have it figuerd out.my black wire must go to the circut breaker thats inside the junc box.and the other black wire thats on the trailer goes to ground.i got most hook back up.i dont know why the breaker is in there and if other have them or not?does this sound right?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #4

Minnesota
thanks for the link.i got it all hooked up now and all works.thanks so much for the quick reply.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat96 View Post
thanks for the link.i got it all hooked up now and all works.thanks so much for the quick reply.
Glad it all worked out for you.

Happy RVing.

We'll wave as we go buy at the end of August, on our way to Dover DE.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #6

Minnesota
have a fun trip ill wave back as you pass by.