Wires are all mix match ? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2016, 04:53 AM   #1

Pennsylvania
Wires are all mix match ?

Ok I have a 2002 Aerolite cub by Thor has Command electronic tail lights I have upgraded to Commands plug and play LED tail lights here's the problem . Driver side wires 2 dark green 2 white and a red wire. Passenger side 2 Dark green 2 white and a brown lights that came off had Light green wire white and black New lights 1 red 1 black 1 white I have lights hooked up DS red to red white to white black to green works all modes Passenger side white to white red to green black to brown I have marker lights and break lights no hazard or right blinker I disconnect I disconnect the red and green and everything works but passenger side light is dim If I hook up red and green I loose blinker confused OBTW had a extra wire on a clearance light I had to leave un holed but no issues lol Any help from the electrical engineers

Cant Wait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:18 AM   #2

British Columbia
I don't know if this will help you, but the running gear and running lights are supposed to be wired to the same schematic.

Trailer Wiring Diagrams | etrailer.com

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #3

Nevada
Jim, gave you everything needed, Thats what I was going to give you, just for info, If you blow a fuse, they will be found in the engine area, fuses inside your truck are for your truck, good luck
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post
Jim, gave you everything needed, Thats what I was going to give you, just for info, If you blow a fuse, they will be found in the engine area, fuses inside your truck are for your truck, good luck
Rich,

Good point.

I found out by chance that I had blown the 12V power supply fuse, when I did my brake upgrade. I have absolutley no idea when it blew, because the batteries stay charged with the solar and 12V works on the camper side. Do the pin pull on the brake away switch and the brakes lockup.

The only reason I found it is the hydraulic brake actuator requires a constant 12V power source from the TV. I spent an hour going through my electrical connections to make sure I had them right. After everything checked out I gave up and phoned the tech support line. Two minutes and the problem was diagnosed.

Of course the blown fuse was one of those square jobs that I thought was a mini circuit breakers and you can't see any signs of it being burnt out. New tick box on my pre-trip checklist.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #5

Pennsylvania
I looked at those schematics some sort of matched. I ended up finding a trouble light in my tool box I forgot I had and figured it out other than one wire left over that didn't respond to anything Break Turn or Tail so both equal bright too
Old 05-07-2016, 01:26 AM   #6

Nevada
One wire is for your back-up lights, most trailers don't have back-up lights, but some do, so the added wire
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:39 AM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post
One wire is for your back-up lights, most trailers don't have back-up lights, but some do, so the added wire
That will be it if it's a purpile wire.

Bad ground wires are always fun to track down too. If you ever have your lights doing funny things check the ground wires for corrosion.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:27 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
Thanks for all the input Glad it's fixed now.