Where's the receiver located - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2018, 04:15 AM   #1

Washington
Where's the receiver located

I have a 2012 Denali 310RES 5th wheel. It came with a key fob for the door as well as a key pad. It is a Southco lock system. I need to replace a key fob and in order to do that the receiver has to be out into learn mode so it will recognize the new key fob . I have the docs from Southco on how to do that. But nobody not even the manufacturer can tell me where this receiver is located. Anybody have an idea on the location? Dealer is no help.

Thank you!

Denali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
I have a 2012 Denali 310RES 5th wheel. It came with a key fob for the door as well as a key pad. It is a Southco lock system. I need to replace a key fob and in order to do that the receiver has to be out into learn mode so it will recognize the new key fob . I have the docs from Southco on how to do that. But nobody not even the manufacturer can tell me where this receiver is located. Anybody have an idea on the location? Dealer is no help.

Thank you!
The receiver may very well be the door handle itself.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:40 PM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
All I have dealt with the receiver is in the door handle. Only exception that I have ever run across was a MH from the 80's and it was in the wall next to the door.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #4

Washington
This one is not in the handle. It is a square box with two mounting holes and a wire sticking out of it which is an antenna . Finding it is the hard part. The RV Lock brand is in the handle but not Southco. RV lock brand is battery powered where Southco uses 12V on the RV. I might just have to start taking things apart to find it.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
This one is not in the handle. It is a square box with two mounting holes and a wire sticking out of it which is an antenna . Finding it is the hard part. The RV Lock brand is in the handle but not Southco. RV lock brand is battery powered where Southco uses 12V on the RV. I might just have to start taking things apart to find it.
Good luck with finding the antenna, it doesn't have to be exposed to pick up the signal.
I'd look in the toilet last, surely they wouldn't put it there
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #6

Washington
Here's an update. The receiver is inside the door and in my case was never designed to be serviceable. Styrofoam is glued to the outside door skin and inside door skin. Somewhere in there is a hollowed out place where the receiver sits. There is no access panel. There is no way to get to the receiver to put it into learn mode to add new key fobs without destroying the door. This is an LCI/Southco lock system. There were two models. The EA-R02 came with two key fobs. The EA-R03 came with one key fob and one key pad that was fastened to the side of the trailer with double back tape. That key pad is a pain. The battery does not last long at all. I replaced the whole works with an RV-Lock.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV-Lippert-SouthCo_Keyless_Entry.pdf (394.3 KB, 98 views)
Old 10-07-2019, 04:54 AM   #7

Utah
Solved!!!

The transmitter is indeed in the door itself. The access panel is the trim around the glass window. Simply remove the screws from the inside window trim and you’ll see the transmitter at the bottom of the glass. You may need to pry it upwards to access the switches for reprogramming. Also take note that you’ll need to have the door closed to reprogram because the transmitter doesn’t receive power until the door is fully closed and the contacts on the frame touch the door. This can be a bit difficult to get to the switch now because the screen is in the way. I took a small straight pick and poked it through the screen and flipped the #1 switch off then back on again and within 6 seconds you’ll need to enter the current code and press/hold ”1-2” once you’ve entered the code. You’ll hear the transmitter pulse to confirm acceptance.

Hope this helps!!
Ussjcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:26 AM   #8

Washington
Thanks Ussjcg. About a year ago I installed an Rvlock and that has worked very well. Solved all my problems! Cheers