Voltage: No Power to Awning - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2013, 01:59 AM   #1

Wyoming
Voltage: No Power to Awning

Before I start digging around over the next day or so... just thought I'd go ahead and ask here to maybe save me some trouble.

After my first road trip with the new Voltage 3200, I had it in the shop to address a few warranty issues. Think I got most of those squared away... but upon getting the rig back home, I've now got 2 different issues.

The first is on of my tires has developed a bubble along the outside near the wheel bead. I've got a tire warranty that will take care of that.

The 2nd is what I'm here for... and that is, it seems I no longer have power to one of my 2 side-awnings. I discovered this earlier today when I tried to extend both of them during a little rain storm at here at the house to keep me dry when transferring a few things from the garage to the rig. They both worked fine all along my first trip out... and there should've been no reason for the techs to change anything with them.

I'm hoping it's just a tripped circuit breaker... but even if it is, I'm not even sure where the breakers are located. Since it was raining, I didn't go searching, but I'm assuming they're located in the front generator compartment by the battery, right?

If it's not a breaker... anybody got any ideas?

The front awning extends & works just fine. But when I go back to the garage and push the button for the rear one... nothing. No humming noise from a motor trying to engage, no click of a solenoid, nada... which is what makes me think there's no power.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #2

Nevada
The Awnings are 12Volt DC check the fuse it is in the cabinet that is below the DVD player (very bottom) just push lightly on top of door. there are LED's that light when fuse is bad. More than likely the fuse is open (bad).

eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #3

Nevada
I am talking in the Galey
Old 07-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #4

Wyoming
Thanks eightydo... I found the panel. I remember the guy showing it to me now during the delivery demo. Unfortunately for me though... all of the fuses are good.

Guess I've gotta dig deeper to find the cause...
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 09-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #5

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCguy View Post
Before I start digging around over the next day or so... just thought I'd go ahead and ask here to maybe save me some trouble.

After my first road trip with the new Voltage 3200, I had it in the shop to address a few warranty issues. Think I got most of those squared away... but upon getting the rig back home, I've now got 2 different issues.

The first is on of my tires has developed a bubble along the outside near the wheel bead. I've got a tire warranty that will take care of that.

The 2nd is what I'm here for... and that is, it seems I no longer have power to one of my 2 side-awnings. I discovered this earlier today when I tried to extend both of them during a little rain storm at here at the house to keep me dry when transferring a few things from the garage to the rig. They both worked fine all along my first trip out... and there should've been no reason for the techs to change anything with them.

I'm hoping it's just a tripped circuit breaker... but even if it is, I'm not even sure where the breakers are located. Since it was raining, I didn't go searching, but I'm assuming they're located in the front generator compartment by the battery, right?

If it's not a breaker... anybody got any ideas?

The front awning extends & works just fine. But when I go back to the garage and push the button for the rear one... nothing. No humming noise from a motor trying to engage, no click of a solenoid, nada... which is what makes me think there's no power.

Anyone else ever have this issue?
Did you figure out your Awning problem if so what was it. This Friday mine stopped working could not extend it. It had worked Wednesday. I have 12 volts at the switch but none at the wire going into the wire going to the arm of the awning .

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
Old 09-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #6

Wyoming
Yeah, mine's fixed. As it turns out, evidently I had brushed up against some high tree branches moving out of a campground... and it had ripped the non-motor side cover off of the end of the awning arm, which pulled a wire loose.

So all in all, it was a simple fix to repair the loose wire... and order a replacement cover housing.

Once the tech at CW showed it to me, I wondered how in the world I could have missed noticing the cover was gone. But then again I wasn't thinking the problem could be there, as I didn't remember brushing any tree branches.

(top left above the garage window)

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 09-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #7

Nevada
Thank you Tom, I just found and fixed mine it was a bad connection at the motor (the Stake-on connector) not inserted correctly so I had an open circuit.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI