slide out problems - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #1

Oklahoma
slide out problems

I have a 2015 voltage and when I got to my new site the bedroom slide will only slide out 2". I have had a lot of problem with this trailer but I have fixed most of them. I live in my trailer so taking it to a dealer and leaving it out of the question. Can anyone give me some suggestions on where to start so I can fix it.
Thank you

rhamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:50 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhamaker View Post
I have a 2015 voltage and when I got to my new site the bedroom slide will only slide out 2". I have had a lot of problem with this trailer but I have fixed most of them. I live in my trailer so taking it to a dealer and leaving it out of the question. Can anyone give me some suggestions on where to start so I can fix it.
Thank you
FYI, Midtown RV Service in Jenks has helped me with slide problems twice. They are pretty good and not overly expensive.

Can you explain what it's not doing or doing besides it won't open? Noise? RV level? On shore power?

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #3

Oklahoma
I know my profile says I'm in OK but that is where my home is, right now I am in nowhere PA. when I hooked up to come here it would slide in all the way but 3" and after I drove for awhile I tried it again and it slid in the rest of the way. When I parked here yesterday and tried to slide it out it started as normal but only went out about 2". It will slide back in and slide out that little bit. I tried it 4 or 5 times and all the same results. I thought it may have a sensor or something saying how far it will go but I didn't see anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
rhamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:48 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
I know my profile says I'm in OK but that is where my home is, right now I am in nowhere PA. when I hooked up to come here it would slide in all the way but 3" and after I drove for awhile I tried it again and it slid in the rest of the way. When I parked here yesterday and tried to slide it out it started as normal but only went out about 2". It will slide back in and slide out that little bit. I tried it 4 or 5 times and all the same results. I thought it may have a sensor or something saying how far it will go but I didn't see anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Ah, PA, don't think Midtown will travel that far. However check this out . Youtube has many videos regarding the slide problem.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:46 PM   #5

Iowa
Quote:
Thank you
I had the same problem once, (slide would only move in or out about 2") ended up being a bad motor.( main slide) Actually there was a broken wire on the motor, I put a new motor in but soldered the wire back on the old one and kept it as a spare. The bad motor would shut off after moving the slide 2" and the other motor then would shut down because the room was out of whack. That's how I could tell which motor was bad.
You could also just have a loose crimp or wire connection on the controller which should be in the front compartment on the ceiling where the battery and generator are. If it's like mine that's the bedroom controller, check for a code flashing. Then maybe try the override procedure. Try unplugging all the connectors on that controller and plugging them back in.

I had to actually replace the bedroom controller with a new one once, but it wouldn't move at all. Good luck!
dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote