Satellite Dish set up in Voltage 3970 - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #21

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden710 View Post
Thanks for the questions Windjammer. I have been doing alot of research to no avail. I am curious it is worth the extra dollar to have the permanent dish installed or if I should do a "tail gater" style. I think the "tail gater' can only support 1 receiver. I have yet to find one person to ask to answer all questions.
Mine supports two receivers. I thought about gettjng a permanent one mounted on the roof until camping with friends that have them and they weren't able to tune in at all camping spots due to trees. I ran my cable to where I had a clear shot and viola. Have on several occasions plugged a friend into my dishes second jack so they could have tv as well.

donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #22

Alabama
I purchased the winegard traveler from camping world on sale for $1,499 and installed it myself.. I use the Direct Tv Genie in the living room. I also used existing coax to feed all other tv's.. Also.. I take along my wireless mini genies so every TV can have different programming..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:28 AM   #23

Arizona
Pirate

Thanks for the info. We will consider the Genie...we have been talking about it for the house anyhow. Still choking on the cost of the Slimline for the rig. We may ultimately break down and get it. We had a dome system on our 2009 motor home roof and it was horrible...hardly ever worked plus it always seemed we were parked under a tree!

Right now we have non HD working on all TVs in the rig...not what we would like to keep in the long term, but it is something we can live with in the short term.
2015 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS
Aztex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #24

New Jersey
I have the dish mounted on the roof and we installed another Genie besides the one in the house. you have to tell DirecTV its in a separate bldg a few hundred feet away. I think they might have made another acct number? have to look at my bill but I know we only get one bill from them.
Real Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #25

Alabama
Actually since during the summer and fall we are in the Voltage most weekends I have my Genie and wireless client bridge installed in it and we just take the wireless mini genies in the house during the week.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #26

Nevada
We had Dish for many years (15), in 3 of our other campers, but now we have Direct, It was a lot easier to put up the dish Antenna, but then they started having trouble keeping Channels that my wife liked, so changed to Direct and have them in our home and RV with a Dome, we had it on the roof of our last RV, and would run into tree trouble, so after we changed RV, I took it off the roof and just place it on a table where we can see the sky....Dish is having trouble with another channel and its the channel for the NFL

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, directv, satellite, voltage