RV wiring diagram - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-22-2019, 12:29 AM   #1
Member
 
llokensmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 31
California
Smile RV wiring diagram

I have a 2016 Dutchmen Voltage V-series model 3605, is it possible to get a wiring diagram of the RV so I can install various equipment and perform troubleshooting.
__________________

llokensmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,846
Florida
It would be easier to find a leprechaun ..
__________________

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
dsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Calabasas
Posts: 185
California
Lol@frank. The industry prides itself and not having things like this so they can do whatever they want.

You are better off looking in this forum and others for specific information when you want to install specific things. Odds are someone here has already done it or tried.
dsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:03 PM   #4
Member
 
llokensmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 31
California
Thank you guys for answering.

What I really would like to know is if my Dutchmen Voltage V-series model 3605 has existing wiring that would allow me to install a power vent in the garage ceiling. I can't see any wiring from below.

Any help would be appreciated.
llokensmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:19 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
DR Buck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Remington
Posts: 91
Virginia
First, there are no spare wires anywhere. They weren't that generous . @nd, I contacted Dutchman directly back when I purchased my 2012 Voltage and they emailed me wiring diagrams, mechanical and plumbing diagrams. I have gray water, black water, and freshwater diagrams. All are for 2012 model though.
DR Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:25 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
ATCguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Somewhere on the road...
Posts: 1,301
Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by llokensmi View Post
Thank you guys for answering.

What I really would like to know is if my Dutchmen Voltage V-series model 3605 has existing wiring that would allow me to install a power vent in the garage ceiling. I can't see any wiring from below.
Two things...

1) The V-series is the economy version of the Voltage (or, at least, it used to be). As such, if the rig was not ordered with a power vent upgrade, I seriously doubt the required wiring harness is there.

2) If it is there, you'd have to remove the existing vent, and check between the roof & interior ceiling to see if it's there between the rafters.
__________________
Tom
2013 VOLTAGE 3200 (EPIC I & II)
2014 Ford F-450 PLATINUM
2017 BMW R1200GS Rallye
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:54 AM   #7
Member
 
llokensmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 31
California
Thank you for that information. I was afraid of that.
llokensmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Thom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 641
Florida
You might be able to pull power from a near by light fixture.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,846
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
First, there are no spare wires anywhere. They weren't that generous . @nd, I contacted Dutchman directly back when I purchased my 2012 Voltage and they emailed me wiring diagrams, mechanical and plumbing diagrams. I have gray water, black water, and freshwater diagrams. All are for 2012 model though.
the holy grail! You are the first person I have ever heard that has gotten any type of diagram ! Congratulations.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
DR Buck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Remington
Posts: 91
Virginia
Smile Voltage 3200 Diagrams

So, here are the diagrams I got for my 3200 Voltage. They may be of some help to others.


Attached pdf file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3200 Voltage prints.pdf (315.5 KB, 48 views)
DR Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,846
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
So, here are the diagrams I got for my 3200 Voltage. They may be of some help to others.


Attached pdf file.
I am in awe...
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:06 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,842
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
So, here are the diagrams I got for my 3200 Voltage. They may be of some help to others.


Attached pdf file.

They may be a great help to some of us. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:46 PM   #13
Member
 
llokensmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 31
California
That is what I imagined I'd have to do is run wires from the power awning switch in the garage area to the roof vent . I hope the wires at the awning switch are heavy enough to power a fan.
llokensmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #14
Member
 
llokensmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 31
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
So, here are the diagrams I got for my 3200 Voltage. They may be of some help to others.


Attached pdf file.
Unbelievable that they sent you that information. I think I'll give it a try and contact Dutchmen for the same wiring information. Wish me luck.
llokensmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #15
Member
 
llokensmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 31
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by llokensmi View Post
Unbelievable that they sent you that information. I think I'll give it a try and contact Dutchmen for the same wiring information. Wish me luck.
Okay I called Dutchmen and finally got through to ask for a basic wiring diagram. I was told that too many changes apply to the manufacture of the RV and they can't keep up with the changes and do not send out such information. Sounds pretty silly to me but what can you do ?
llokensmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,842
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by llokensmi View Post
Okay I called Dutchmen and finally got through to ask for a basic wiring diagram. I was told that too many changes apply to the manufacture of the RV and they can't keep up with the changes and do not send out such information. Sounds pretty silly to me but what can you do ?

Reading between the lines, what they really said is the turnover of blind installers is so much they can't keep up with what they did on any given day.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #17
Member
 
llokensmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 31
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Reading between the lines, what they really said is the turnover of blind installers is so much they can't keep up with what they did on any given day.
That explains a lot. You'd imagine that if they were sued or faced a legal matter they should be required to produce such information. They just don't want to be helpful in these matters even with their loyal RV owners who bought their products, that is shameful.
llokensmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,846
Florida
seems like they would have a set of drawings for the blind installers to go by. I asked them a while back for basic diagrams. Glad I found this forum in order to get the expert's help.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:53 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,842
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by llokensmi View Post
That explains a lot. You'd imagine that if they were sued or faced a legal matter they should be required to produce such information. They just don't want to be helpful in these matters even with their loyal RV owners who bought their products, that is shameful.

Legal matters and law suits would be an almost impossibility in the RV industry. It would take class action to get anywhere if at all. They haven't any rules to follow as in the automobile industry.
Loyal RV owners? We are dumping grounds and test pilots for them.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:11 PM   #20
Member
 
llokensmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 31
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Legal matters and law suits would be an almost impossibility in the RV industry. It would take class action to get anywhere if at all. They haven't any rules to follow as in the automobile industry.
Loyal RV owners? We are dumping grounds and test pilots for them.
That would be truly sad if that was the case. I was not aware there were no real regulations as it pertains to manufacturing of RVs.
__________________

llokensmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×