No power to slide motor - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2014, 01:09 AM   #1

Ontario
No power to slide motor

Hey everyone. This would be my first post here so I hope someone can help. I have an 09 Dutchman 25 CGS. Slide worked fine last year, opened it up tonight and the slide doesnt work. Got my test light out and I have no power to the motor (red wire). It goes down thought the floor at the front of the wheel well and disappears. Cannot see it under trailer. Looked at fuse panel and all fuses good. Looked at back of fuse panel and there is no red wire there. So I think the power wire for the slide leaves the fuse box one colour and is teed into the red wire for the slide. I followed wiring up to the ceiling and took the skylight apart and all the wires are there that are in the fuse box but no red wire. Any one no where the splice might be? I can run a new wire but I dont like the idea of having possibly a live wire some where.Thank for reading.

Reg1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:50 AM   #2

Alberta
check your wires at the battery for any that are corroded I assume your unit can move its slides with the battery disconnect on or off. Also check your battery voltage should be 12.6 volts or slightly better.

D and C 12 voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:00 PM   #3

Ontario
Man I am an idiot. Was sitting watch TV last night and it dawned on me. There are 2 red wires that need hooked up to battery. Went outside and found the other wire hanging down under the battery tray. Hooked it up and all works. Sorry to trouble everyone.
Reg1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:57 AM   #4

Nevada
It's always the last thing you find.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote