No House Battery Power - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #1

California
No House Battery Power

My RV was in storage and had to be jumped started. I drove 100 miles and left it shorelined overnight. The next day - no 12-volt house power. The Battery Disconnect green light no longer comes on.

I have replaced the house battery with a DC Marine type, Battery Disconnect Switch and the fuses in the main box. All circuit breakers have been reset.

When I am shorelined to 120-volt power or running on generator, everything works fine, including the green light on the Battery Disconnect.

What am I missing?

I read in the manual about a fuse (max. 55-amp) connected to the Battery Supply Wire, within 18" from the battery. I can't find this fuse, nor that wire. But if it were blown, would I have battery power to start the generator as I do?

richrodriquez911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #2

California
my unit is a 2002 Dutchman class C, with a Thor coach.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #3

Saskatchewan
Hello richrodriquez911. Do you have one or more of these 12 Volt Circuit Breaker - Auto Reset mounted close to your battery. On my 242RESL I have two. You could have one of these not working and have some items working and others not. You need to have 12 volts on both posts.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #4

California
Fixxed it!

Thank you for your help. I contacted Greg Flint from Thor Motorcoach. He helped me troubleshoot the problem and agreed it was most likely the 12volt fuse from the positive pole of the battery. But I could not find it anywhere near the battery.

Greg called me back and said he heard the fuse might be under the bed. He sent me a picture and I located the fuse - under the bed. This was a manual reset, so I pushed the little reset button back in and - Whoosh - everything now works as it should.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!