Need some help finding 12 volt fuses - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #1

Arkansas
Need some help finding 12 volt fuses

Just purchased a 2003 35SRV classic toy hauler. One of the 12-volt lights in the bedroom was not working but the others were. Took down the ceiling one to check. When moving wires on the light it would go on and off. Took out a bulb and when I put it back in there was a spark. The other lights in the bedroom will not work now. All others in the RV still do.

Manual said fuses behind distribution center hinged cover. The only hinged cover I found was on the panel that displays the status of grey, water, etc tanks. No fuses. Where else do I look or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Bill

labill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by labill View Post
Just purchased a 2003 35SRV classic toy hauler. One of the 12-volt lights in the bedroom was not working but the others were. Took down the ceiling one to check. When moving wires on the light it would go on and off. Took out a bulb and when I put it back in there was a spark. The other lights in the bedroom will not work now. All others in the RV still do.

Manual said fuses behind distribution center hinged cover. The only hinged cover I found was on the panel that displays the status of grey, water, etc tanks. No fuses. Where else do I look or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Bill
Look for a plastic or metal panel near the floor they seem to like to stuff them there because of the weight - My own solution is to use my stud finder with the wire sensor to locate the a/c wire going to it.

Red Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:07 PM   #3

Arkansas
Found them. Manual is useless. Not even a photo to show what it looked like. I would say they put them in different places for different units so left it generic.

Was under the oven. The top part of the heater return panel opens up to reveal the fuses and circuit breakers. Did not see it until I got down on the floor and saw a small hinge that was part of the heater return.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:30 AM   #4

Colorado
Take some time and trace where each circuit goes.

I have, at one time, had to pull all the fuses out. Put one back in and figure out what it operates. Then pull that fuse out, put the next in and figure it out. Repeat, repeat until you have all the circuits identified. Then you'll know exactly where to go the next time.

took time, but well worth the effort!!!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:10 PM   #5

Arkansas
Pirate,
Apparently, the last owner did that. All the fuses are marked.

Thanks for the tip.

Bill
Old 09-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #6

Colorado
Excellent!! I feel like my work to figure all that out, gotta be worth a few thousand whenever it is we get new Toyhauler. Gotta be!!!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:35 PM   #7

Arkansas
Better you than me. 12 volt systems, not my expertise.

Bill