Lost 12 volt for lights - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2018, 11:05 PM   #1

Missouri
Lost 12 volt for lights

I have recently acquired a 1992 260 classic, I have been doing some repairs to the walls due to water damage and this evening none of the lights work. They were working last night and first thing this morning. The 120 volt systems all work the fan I plugged in was still working. I checked the power at the fuse block and there isn't any. What I would really like is to find a wiring diagram for the 12 volt and 120 volt systems so I can start to hunt this issue down. does anyone have one they can share?

Moblacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:45 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moblacksmith View Post
I have recently acquired a 1992 260 classic, I have been doing some repairs to the walls due to water damage and this evening none of the lights work. They were working last night and first thing this morning. The 120 volt systems all work the fan I plugged in was still working. I checked the power at the fuse block and there isn't any. What I would really like is to find a wiring diagram for the 12 volt and 120 volt systems so I can start to hunt this issue down. does anyone have one they can share?

There isn't a diagram for wiring available to you or us or them. It is possible the converter is the problem. It supplies 12 volts to that system and 110 to the other.
There may be a fuse(s) or circuit breaker(s) on the inverter itself.
Also could be a battery problem.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #3

Missouri
Looked out the door this morning and all the lights are on in the camper. I presume I will find the 12 volts restored. Over heated converter maybe? Do they have any sort of cooling fan for them?
Moblacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moblacksmith View Post
Looked out the door this morning and all the lights are on in the camper. I presume I will find the 12 volts restored. Over heated converter maybe? Do they have any sort of cooling fan for them?

Converter should have a fan but I don't know about something in a '92 RV. Don't even know for sure if it has one. I would take a hard look at battery.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #5

Pennsylvania
I have a Dutchman voltage and was told if I call Dutchman and ask for diagrams they will send them. I not only was wiring but also plumbing/water lines.
Copt113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #6

Pennsylvania
Plus I had the inverter go bad on a camper only in use for a year. Repair guy said they go bad frequently.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copt113 View Post
I have a Dutchman voltage and was told if I call Dutchman and ask for diagrams they will send them. I not only was wiring but also plumbing/water lines.
Don't know who told you that but try it and let us know how you come out.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
An uncle who has done it with his camper. Different brand but am hopeful Dutchman will be cooperative.

Tags
12v system