Kitchen Slide not working on Kodiak 300BHSL - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #1

Kitchen Slide not working on Kodiak 300BHSL

The kitchen slide on my 2013 Kodiak BHSL is not working (the other two slides work fine). I checked to see if there was power at the switch, and there is power for the other two slides, but no power for the kitchen slide. I checked the fuse box, but there are no fuses for the slide outs. Does anybody know where the fuse or breaker is for the kitchen slide?

nlpracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #2

Ontario
Try find the slide control module. I have a 2014 291 RESL and I found mine in the space under the bathroom cabinet. If lights are flashing red on the module there is a fault of some kind.

Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:53 PM   #3

Maryland
The slide controllers on the 300BHSL (or at least my 2015) is located under the pantry. You will have to remove the two screws holding the vent in place and then pull the vent out. The controllers are located inside there.

2011 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4
2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
mjcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcarte View Post
The slide controllers on the 300BHSL (or at least my 2015) is located under the pantry. You will have to remove the two screws holding the vent in place and then pull the vent out. The controllers are located inside there.
The kitchen slide is the one not working and it's the blocking the pantry. I'll see if there is some way to access it from the bedroom side.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:06 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Isn't there a manual crank option for that slide?
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Just make sure you are on the inside on the camper and when DW is cranking the slide in give the switch a little toggle just to help her along.

Like I always said,"(fill in blank) ain't funny unless it happens to someone else."

I know she was just trying to be helpfull, but damn that hurt. Hurts more putting your shoulder back in place. DW Me :-
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
There is, but it requires an adapter that you use with a drill, but the kitchen island blocks access.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:00 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpracing View Post
There is, but it requires an adapter that you use with a drill, but the kitchen island blocks access.

Another bit of that wonderful Dutchmen engineering, makes you wonder if these jackasses use the products they produce.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:02 PM   #9

California
Dutchman engineers aren't the only one that design things & than you
In 40+ years of working on & repairing equipment I have a list of companies that have done the same thing.
Us dumb mechanics modified a sweeper years ago. Sure enough when we bought a new one a couple years later it had our design. I might have not need to still be working if we would have patented that design.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:31 AM   #10

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Dutchman engineers aren't the only one that design things & than you
In 40+ years of working on & repairing equipment I have a list of companies that have done the same thing.
Us dumb mechanics modified a sweeper years ago. Sure enough when we bought a new one a couple years later it had our design. I might have not need to still be working if we would have patented that design.
Way back when I was a kid, one of the first jobs I had, was working for an old school mechanic. He could tune an engine by ear and tell you what was wrong with your car by listening to it.

One day he had this particular brand that shall remain nameless, I don't want to PO the Ram owners.

This late fifties Dodge had some of the strangest contraptions on it, like the Ebrake on the driveshaft, his particular pet peave was the left and right hand threaded wheel bolts.

I appologize to the engineers before hand.

He put his wrench down on the bench, turned around looked at the Dodge and said, "These things are engineered by educated idiots".

That expression has stuck I my brain for the best part of 55 years. Sometimes I see something that makes me think back to the good old bad old days and I have to laugh.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #11

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post

Another bit of that wonderful Dutchmen engineering, makes you wonder if these jackasses use the products they produce.
Here is a bit of shocking news, Dutchmen doesnt use engineers. I was talking to a regional sales rep about the fine quality product and I mentioned engineering of these units and the sales rep stated "we don't use design engineers, these things are all designed by the sales staff." He said that they take the inputs from the public as to what is wanted in a RV and pass it on to the builders, "that way we give the customers what they really want".
Don't know if he was being 100% truthful or not, after all he was a saleman. 😏
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #12

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Here is a bit of shocking news, Dutchmen doesnt use engineers. I was talking to a regional sales rep about the fine quality product and I mentioned engineering of these units and the sales rep stated "we don't use design engineers, these things are all designed by the sales staff." He said that they take the inputs from the public as to what is wanted in a RV and pass it on to the builders, "that way we give the customers what they really want".
Don't know if he was being 100% truthful or not, after all he was a saleman. 😏
Lips moving?

Crap, that would even be worst. I hope they at least have some fun and stick the salesmen in the octagon and let the winner have their say.

Must be the reason everything is marginal.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #13
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Don't know if he was being 100% truthful or not, after all he was a saleman. ��
And after the sales team designs something, then the bean counters put it out for lowest bid. When it hits the factory floor they attempt to install it on run at production levels. No wonder stuff is so screwed up.

Unfortunately the RV industry is going the way of a lot of industries. Build it cheap and don't worry about repairs or parts availability. Let the customer do the Beta testing. If it sucks dump it and throw something else in next year!

I am NOT saying that innovation is bad, just the way it is being handled.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #14

Quick update. I went by the dealer for ideas of what might be wrong. He said to check the circuit breakers located near the battery. So I did and checking voltage and whatnot with my multi-meter, everything seemed OK. I checked the slide again and still nothing. The next morning, I needed something out of the trailer, so when I was in there, I tried the slide again and it now works. I have no idea why it's working, but I am very thankful that it is!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #15
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpracing View Post
Quick update. I went by the dealer for ideas of what might be wrong. He said to check the circuit breakers located near the battery. So I did and checking voltage and whatnot with my multi-meter, everything seemed OK. I checked the slide again and still nothing. The next morning, I needed something out of the trailer, so when I was in there, I tried the slide again and it now works. I have no idea why it's working, but I am very thankful that it is!
I would guess a loose connection somewhere, could be anything from a weak slip on to a bad solder joint to a bad crimp. With as sloppy as the assemblers are and the cheap components they use it is a crap shoot.

Glad it is working again.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:19 PM   #16

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I would guess a loose connection somewhere, could be anything from a weak slip on to a bad solder joint to a bad crimp. With as sloppy as the assemblers are and the cheap components they use it is a crap shoot.

Aaron
Or one of each!

I'd like to know who the rocket scientist is that though it was a good idea to stick things like circuit breakers on the frame exposed to the weather or how about the idiot that thought a duplex box screwed on to the frame just behind the circuit breakers, for a good place to splice the wires. When I took the cover off you could see the signs of water penetration and them wonderful wire nuts, well some of them were tight.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #17

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post

Aaron
And don't forget a bad/corroded ground.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #18

Florida
Don't you just hate that???? You know it will fail again unless you can identify and correct the problem. And it will do so at the worst possible time..

Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote