How to remove tv/home entertainment center (radio) - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #1

Michigan
How to remove tv/home entertainment center (radio)

Okay guys here goes:

How do I gain access to the back of my television?

How do I gain access to the back of the entertainment center amplifier/radio?

I would like to hook up my satellite box into the HDMI plug but I am having a hard time figuring our how to get the durn things out.

Oh, it is a 2013 Infinity 3750FFL.

Thank youl

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #2

Colorado
Awesome question!! I would like to know as well. So far to me it appears you have to practically dismantle the section of cabinetry. I want to hook up a Blu-Ray.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #3

Quebec
I'll address this to Chalkie because we also have a 3640RL, but a 2012 model. In mine, the TV is on one of those swing-out brackets with an elbow that allows you to point the TV in different directions. You just pull on the TV and it should come out enough to get at the wiring and plus in the back. The sound system (both my TV and sound system are Samsung) is affixed at the bottom edge with Velcro. You just lift it in the front and the whole unit comes out. Is yours different?
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #4

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmiles View Post
I'll address this to Chalkie because we also have a 3640RL, but a 2012 model. In mine, the TV is on one of those swing-out brackets with an elbow that allows you to point the TV in different directions. You just pull on the TV and it should come out enough to get at the wiring and plus in the back. The sound system (both my TV and sound system are Samsung) is affixed at the bottom edge with Velcro. You just lift it in the front and the whole unit comes out. Is yours different?
Front living room here. samsung components. no swing out tv. sound system has velcro put cant get enought clearence to get it out. may have to cut the top of the cabinet and put in a hinge of sorts.

thank you.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #5

Colorado
I'll have to go over to the storage place and check this out. I would like to have something installed before we head out next. Velcro on the edge... who'd a thunk??

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #6

Quebec
Let me know what you find .... and by the way, there was a typo in my original response. It should have read '...... it should come out enough to get at the wiring and plugs (not plus) in the back'.
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #7

South Dakota
We have the Infinity 3800FB and the TV is mounted the same as it is in the front living room model. The dealer was no help when I asked them how to remove the TV. I was in the front living room model at the dealer and was able to remove the TV so I know it can be done. You have to push in on the TV and pull up at the same time. I have tried to get mine loose so I could replace the arm with one that will swing out but I haven't been able to get it loose. I'm afraid to push hard because I don't want to break the TV. The TV in the bedroom is mounted the same way and I have been able to remove it from the mounting bracket. Here's a picture of the mounting bracket.

Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	110385599_15thumb_770x574.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	659  
jeldridge97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #8

Washington
Velcro under the Dvd player. Dumbest installation I've ever seen. To get it out take a couple of thin spatulas or a thin sheet of flashing (sheet metal) and slide betwwen layers of velcro. Work it around and the Dvd player will come out. No need to do any disassembly. After removing remove the full length piece of Velcro and replace with a couple of small pieces at either end. This will make it easy to remove in the future. You'll probably find the FM antenna bundled behind the unit. Stretch it out and the FM reception will be much better. And we paid how much for this quality?
sawpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #9

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpilot View Post
Velcro under the Dvd player. Dumbest installation I've ever seen. To get it out take a couple of thin spatulas or a thin sheet of flashing (sheet metal) and slide betwwen layers of velcro. Work it around and the Dvd player will come out. No need to do any disassembly. After removing remove the full length piece of Velcro and replace with a couple of small pieces at either end. This will make it easy to remove in the future. You'll probably find the FM antenna bundled behind the unit. Stretch it out and the FM reception will be much better. And we paid how much for this quality?
I am thinking a little to much. By the way do you have a bedroom air and a kitchen air? How well is your kitchen air working?

Also, what does your "airbox" in the kitchen look like?

How is the air flow in the slot vents in the wood corbel or what ever they call it, is there very much coming from there?

I think I am going to try a small cookie sheet and work it between the velcro.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #10

Washington
Due to "circumstances", haven't used the trailer much yet. It's been in a resort park in Washington where we don't use the A/C much. In this climate the a/c has been adequate. Airflow from the slot vents isn't real strong but seems to do the job, again in this climate.
And anything pretty thin that will fit between the velcro strips will work. I finally got a piece of roof flashing and cut it to the width of the dvd player. Worked it in to release the full strip of velcro at once and pulled out the DVD player.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #11

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeldridge97 View Post
We have the Infinity 3800FB and the TV is mounted the same as it is in the front living room model. The dealer was no help when I asked them how to remove the TV. I was in the front living room model at the dealer and was able to remove the TV so I know it can be done. You have to push in on the TV and pull up at the same time. I have tried to get mine loose so I could replace the arm with one that will swing out but I haven't been able to get it loose. I'm afraid to push hard because I don't want to break the TV. The TV in the bedroom is mounted the same way and I have been able to remove it from the mounting bracket. Here's a picture of the mounting bracket.

Jerry

This type of mount is a straight pull-up release. Try rocking the TV while pulling straight up. It will probably pop loose and then pull straight out toward your chest. When you reinstall make sure all 4 posts are back in their slots. Easier said then done.

Jeff
Old 09-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #12

Oklahoma
Two people recommended if the TV is a biggie or you'll have a hand full of TV with cables still connected to deal with.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #13

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawpilot View Post
Hey, I take exception to that.

My best friends afe double stuck tack and Velcro. (Industrial strength of course). I put no screws into the walls especially the exterior. All my stuff goes up with double stuck tape or Velcro and when I move on it comes with us. Just because I move to a new TT dosn't mean that I have to go out and spend another $5-600. To replace all of our ceature comforts.

I keep moving the soap, shampoo, conditioner dispensers from one unit to the next.

Could the factory do it better absolutley. But they are in business to satisfiy the share holder. Never have been into the RV industry, but maybe I should get put of some minong and oil and put the $$$$ into RVs.

Seems like that is the only way I am going to get amy satisfaction is to rape the rewards. (Sorry, but that's how I feel about the way we are teeated by the industry).

I
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #14

Oklahoma
THO, Thor Industries is only worth 53 bucks.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote