HDMI For Voltage (3200) - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #1

Nevada
HDMI For Voltage (3200)

Have any one on this forum installed HDMI cables to each TV (4) Home run from cabinet that houses the DVD player to each TV? I am doing this so I can run Sat TV for the unit. I will be using a HDMI splitter. This is so I can have Each TV be off air or sat (TV in Bedroom watching off air and Galley watch sat) All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Eighty

eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightydo View Post
Have any one on this forum installed HDMI cables to each TV (4) Home run from cabinet that houses the DVD player to each TV? I am doing this so I can run Sat TV for the unit. I will be using a HDMI splitter. This is so I can have Each TV be off air or sat (TV in Bedroom watching off air and Galley watch sat) All advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Eighty
I hope your TVs sit back to back on the same wall. Running cables in an RV is a challenge at the best of times.

I needed to run a new 12V line for a Fantastic Fan in my old rig. I had to get the panelling to drop down so I could run the snake through.

If you are going to be using the stock cable feed to bring in the sat, I don't think you can use to off air signal. I believe you have to turn the power off at the wall junction/splitter, to feed cable or sat.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #3

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
I hope your TVs sit back to back on the same wall. Running cables in an RV is a challenge at the best of times.

I needed to run a new 12V line for a Fantastic Fan in my old rig. I had to get the panelling to drop down so I could run the snake through.

If you are going to be using the stock cable feed to bring in the sat, I don't think you can use to off air signal. I believe you have to turn the power off at the wall junction/splitter, to feed cable or sat.
I am going to run a separate RG6 from the same place that the cable connector outside to the cabinet.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
I am going to run a separate RG6 from the same place that the cable connector outside to the cabinet.
That should work find then. I hope you don't have to do any major surgery to run the HDMI cables.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Quote:

Thank you, Eighty
I was able to run HDMI cables to all the tvs. I have 3800 and have a 4 x 4 hdmi switch / splitter. I took the bottom trailer cover off where all the tanks are. It was quite a job to do. I will try and post some pictures.
Martadad02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #6

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martadad02 View Post
I was able to run HDMI cables to all the tvs. I have 3800 and have a 4 x 4 hdmi switch / splitter. I took the bottom trailer cover off where all the tanks are. It was quite a job to do. I will try and post some pictures.
Thnk you