Generator Undersized - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-01-2014, 02:25 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South East
Posts: 234
Mississippi
Nope not yet, actually where do you go to get weighed, you talking about the scales off of the interstates?
__________________

__________________
David
2014 Voltage 3950
2013 F-350 DRW Lariat
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:50 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
arlan in arizona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Quartzsite
Posts: 682
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Nope not yet, actually where do you go to get weighed, you talking about the scales off of the interstates?
Yes, most of them would be off of the interstate. Like a a Pilot station or Loves, etc. I am not sure what the stations are in your part of the country. Out West they are called CAT scales. I just looked you have Pilot, Petro Stopping Center and La Place Travel Centers. Correct or did I miss it?

Here is a link. CAT Scale Locator | CAT Scale

They cost you about 10 bucks. Pull in, get your axles in the right spot, it's easy. They them first weight, private vehicle, pull off the scales and go in and get your weigh ticket. If you decide to weigh there is a great app that you enter your information in and it give you stuff like this.

Report

TV Weight W/ Trailer Attached: 12800
TV Weight: 9440
Trailer Kingpin Weight: 3360
Trailer Gross Weight: 19240
TV & Trailer Combined Weight: 28680
Vertical Load (Kingpin): 17%

Safety Margin VS. Overload

TV Front Axle Weight: -720
TV Rear Axle Weight: -2070
TV Gross Weight (GVW): -1200
TV Combined Weight (GCW): -1820
Hitch Tow (GTW): -5760
Vertical Load (Kingpin): -2890
Trailer Gross Weight (GVW): 240

The minus number are the ones you want to see. You can see in this report I am good except for the last line.
__________________

__________________
2013 Voltage 3905
2013 F350 4x4 DRW
2013 RZR XP 900
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
eightydo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 589
Nevada
Arlan; What is the name of APP, does it go to an Iphone or Android?
__________________

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
arlan in arizona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Quartzsite
Posts: 682
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightydo View Post
Arlan; What is the name of APP, does it go to an Iphone or Android?
It is for iPhone and Android.

FIFTH WHEEL ST. for RVs Towing Weight Apps | The Only 13 Point Towing Weight Safety Report
__________________
2013 Voltage 3905
2013 F350 4x4 DRW
2013 RZR XP 900
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:37 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
eightydo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 589
Nevada
Thank you
__________________

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:47 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
arlan in arizona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Quartzsite
Posts: 682
Arizona
Your welcome.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3905
2013 F350 4x4 DRW
2013 RZR XP 900
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fredericksburg
Posts: 213
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlan in arizona View Post
Yes, most of them would be off of the interstate. Like a a Pilot station or Loves, etc. I am not sure what the stations are in your part of the country. Out West they are called CAT scales. I just looked you have Pilot, Petro Stopping Center and La Place Travel Centers. Correct or did I miss it?

Here is a link. CAT Scale Locator | CAT Scale

They cost you about 10 bucks. Pull in, get your axles in the right spot, it's easy. They them first weight, private vehicle, pull off the scales and go in and get your weigh ticket. If you decide to weigh there is a great app that you enter your information in and it give you stuff like this.

Report

TV Weight W/ Trailer Attached: 12800
TV Weight: 9440
Trailer Kingpin Weight: 3360
Trailer Gross Weight: 19240
TV & Trailer Combined Weight: 28680
Vertical Load (Kingpin): 17%

Safety Margin VS. Overload

TV Front Axle Weight: -720
TV Rear Axle Weight: -2070
TV Gross Weight (GVW): -1200
TV Combined Weight (GCW): -1820
Hitch Tow (GTW): -5760
Vertical Load (Kingpin): -2890
Trailer Gross Weight (GVW): 240

The minus number are the ones you want to see. You can see in this report I am good except for the last line.
I am assuming these are actual numbers from your weigh in, did you have the RZR in the trailer?
__________________

Phil
2014 Voltage 3950 Epic III
2016 Ram 3500 Diesel 4wd, Long Horn Dually long bed
Moto4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
arlan in arizona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Quartzsite
Posts: 682
Arizona
Yes, the RZR was loaded in the trailer. The RZR is loaded with winch I carry annother three gallons of fuel on it another gallon and a half of water. Cargo box with tools, etc. 60 gallons of gasoline in the tanks, propane full, water at only 35 gallons. I have gained some weight with things like four solar panels, four six volt batteries, Wingard Traver automatic satellite dish, big DVR receiver and Wave Catalytic Heater . Changing my tires over to the 14 ply G rated Goodyear G614's added about one hundred fifty pounds, 27 pounds for window awnings. Plus personal stuff and food.

I have removed both guest mattresses, that funky table that is supposed to be used at the couch, both garage chairs, stools, patio enclosure, the sink covers.

I have been trying hard to make weight but it is difficult. The wife is great about what we pack so I can't blame her.

We kind of drifted off of the OP original post on the generator. Sorry.
__________________

__________________
2013 Voltage 3905
2013 F350 4x4 DRW
2013 RZR XP 900
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


DutchmenOwners.com is not in any way associated with Dutchmen Manufacturing, or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.