Can't find LCI wireless transmitter on 2013 311BH - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #1

Oregon
Can't find LCI wireless transmitter on 2013 311BH

Just bought this 2013 Denali 311BH from a private party and she was completely clueless about anything on this trailer.
It came with a LCI remote to operate the awning, jacks, etc.
I know something is hooked up because the remote will control the porch light, but that's it. The rest of the buttons do nothing.
I scored the instruction papers but I can't locate the actual transmitter to program it. I've looked in every cabinet, drawer, compartment I could find.
Any help? Is this a factory option, dealer installed, or aftermarket?
Thanks!

JasontheBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #2

Oklahoma
The transmitter is in your hand, it's the remote. The receiver is what you want that will take the programming.

Do the instructions say you have to manually put the receiver in the programming mode? If not, you could try and program various places inside and outside the rig.

Once programmed the awnings and jacks will respond providing you're close enough to the receiver. If the porch light works you know you are within distance.

It is possible the awning and jacks aren't connected to the receiver or perhaps it's a single channel system.

It could be a factory option or dealer item or after market. Some of us have a multi-channel system but the rig didn't come with the remote. LCI lists them at a cool 250 bucks however.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #3

Oregon
Thanks for the help.
Yes, the instructions say I must manually put the receiver in programming mode.
I can control the porch light from very far away in all directions so that method didn't help me narrow down the location.
I have a call into the local dealer service department but not sure if they'll have any idea.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #4

Oregon
Found it!
Driver's side front storage compartment, look up.
I appreciate the quick response.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #5

Indiana
On our 311 bhs the remote barley transmits strong enough to make it thru the trailer to the right rear (exact opposite from the receiver). But from all other directions it is just okay at best. Remember that if you use the remote to turn ON the light you have to use it to turn it OFF!

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #6

Oregon
Thanks Mike, I just discovered that.
Now I'm struggling with the remainder of the controls. It won't do anything except the light. I'll call LCI tech support tomorrow.
I'm suspecting the unit is bad because I've checked all the wiring and it all looks good. Also, when I use the porch light feature I can hear the box click each time, but with all the other functions, nothing.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #7

New Mexico
Mine came with the receiver, intructions, charge cord but to remote. When I took the trailer in to CW for many issues of which one of those was the missing remote they said tough luck and talk to the original dealer.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #8

Oregon
I must say that now that I've really dug around on this TT I can really see the difference in quality and design from the Arctic Fox 5th wheel I owned prior.
The paneling is much cheaper and the access to equipment is not as user friendly (I still haven't been able to locate the fresh water pump or drain valve!)
Oh well, I'll live with this new trailer and enjoy it's cool features like the outdoor kitchen for a couple years. Our maiden trip is labor day weekend.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #9

Texas
Call a company named Gama inc they are who make the remote system. I got a replacement remote for about 20.00 for my Komfort
nitreauxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #10

Indiana
Our water pump is under the pots and pan drawer just to the left of the main entry door (think under sink). You must remove the drawer to access it.

The fresh tank drain is the single pex tube with a cap on the left side just in front of the axles.
I use my mechanics creeper to slide under to get to it. The next time I go under I am going to figure out a 1/4 turn valve for it.

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Old 08-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #11

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by memgrove View Post
Our water pump is under the pots and pan drawer just to the left of the main entry door (think under sink). You must remove the drawer to access it.
Thanks, I'll look there next time. I already removed the drawer that is under the kitchen counter that faces the front but there's nothing there. I'll try under the sink next time.
The fresh tank drain is the single pex tube with a cap on the left side just in front of the axles.
I use my mechanics creeper to slide under to get to it. The next time I go under I am going to figure out a 1/4 turn valve for it.
I've seen the tube, but the (nearly useless) manual says there is also a valve for it. But from what I can see the only way to access the "valve" is to remove the plastic under tray.
Speaking of manuals, are these just about the most worthless piles of paper pulp ever? No real information is contained therein at all. Every section says something like, "Torque to manufacturer's recommendations", or "Drain tank to prevent freezing". No s%$@@ sherlock! Try telling us what the torque setting is or where the drain valve is!
I digress.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #12

Indiana
Well Beav, your trailer is the 2013 311 bhs right?

The night we brought ours home I went looking of the water pump and found it under that drawer. But in that same time crawling around on the floor I sent my wife into the house after my cordless drill and removed the access panel in the cabinet under the sink for more storage room. I can picture there being enough room there for the pump as well and it is just on the other side of the cabinet wall (just a little harder to get to) than where they put mine.

It will be on top of the floor someplace. turn it on open a faucet and go hunting.

And the only thing the Dutchman manual is good for is as fire starter. The employees who build these units don't read them so they don't know to use a valve or a cap on the drain pipe!

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Old 08-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #13

Oregon
Noted. And thanks for the help!