Behind the tv - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #1

Texas
Behind the tv

We have a 2015 Dutchmen Aerolite 250KBHS 20th edition. We just picked it up Friday and took it to the field at Bar W yesterday for Antiques week I haven't had time to look through all the paperwork but I thought I would ask here because maybe it will be quicker.
Behind the television by the plug in, there is what looks like something of a cigarette lighter connection only it's bigger. Does anyone know what that is for?
Ok, off to peruse the paper work. Thanks

KathyJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyJB View Post
We have a 2015 Dutchmen Aerolite 250KBHS 20th edition. We just picked it up Friday and took it to the field at Bar W yesterday for Antiques week I haven't had time to look through all the paperwork but I thought I would ask here because maybe it will be quicker.
Behind the television by the plug in, there is what looks like something of a cigarette lighter connection only it's bigger. Does anyone know what that is for?
Ok, off to peruse the paper work. Thanks
That is a 12 volt socket for a DC powered television. There also a good chance that the television antenna amplifier is on that same plate. Needs to be on for antenna usage, off for cable or satellite hook ups.

Aaron[emoji41]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #3

Texas
Behind the tv

Mine has the OTA TV Antenna booster button, that's lights up green for on, under the 12V plug which is also nice to use for car style charging devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #4

Texas
Behind the tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
That is a 12 volt socket for a DC powered television. There also a good chance that the television antenna amplifier is on that same plate. Needs to be on for antenna usage, off for cable or satellite hook ups.

Aaron[emoji41]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I removed my OTA Antenna connection from the outside cable / satellite inlet in the UDC cabinet and feed it directly into the back of my DIRECTV box. With it hooked up this way I can use channel 3 on the two TVs with DIRECTV boxes for satellite and still pick up the OTA channels on those TVs with the booster on. All the other TVs get the satellite station on channel 3 that the main TV is tuned too and can also pick up all the OTA channels with the booster on.

On tailgate weekends I've actually been able to watched an SEC game on CBS in the salon through my DIRECTV East coast feed and at the same time tune in to the OTA CBS West Coast feed for a PAC 12 game on the outside TV.

"There are two times of year for me... football season and waiting for football season." Darius Rucker

When I had a portable satellite antenna that I ran through the outdoor inlet the booster would interfere with the satellite signal and if I hook up to cable in a campground it does the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:23 PM   #5

Texas
That looks like it. Thank you. I didn't find anything in all the paperwork.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:25 PM   #6

Texas
We tried the tv with the antenna and it worked really well. I don't know how it will work when all the rest of the rvs pull in. If it's like cell phone reception that will deteriorate the more people that show up at Antiques week.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:47 AM   #7

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyJB View Post
We tried the tv with the antenna and it worked really well. I don't know how it will work when all the rest of the rvs pull in. If it's like cell phone reception that will deteriorate the more people that show up at Antiques week.
It's not like cell service. No matter how many people are using it, it will not fade out,. That is unless someone blocks your antenna.

Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote