7KW genset - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #1

Mississippi
7KW genset

Friend of ours has a gas motorhome with 3 A/C's and it has a Generac 7KW that can run all 3 A/C units, why would dutchmen put a 5.5KW that will not run all 3 A/C units? Looked on website and found the difference in price negligible, so basically the 3 A/C's are only available if on shore power and not dry camping. Does anyone know someone looking for a 5.5KW generac with 6.6 hours?

lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #2

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Friend of ours has a gas motorhome with 3 A/C's and it has a Generac 7KW that can run all 3 A/C units, why would dutchmen put a 5.5KW that will not run all 3 A/C units? Looked on website and found the difference in price negligible, so basically the 3 A/C's are only available if on shore power and not dry camping. Does anyone know someone looking for a 5.5KW generac with 6.6 hours?
When I purchased my Vengeance 6 months ago, it came with a 7500 watt pull behind Champion generator. I couldn't believe that is what they were supplying as a "generator".

I got rid of it and installed a 7K watt Onan generator. When I bought my new 3950, part of the deal was that the service dept. had to swap out the 5500 for the 7K watt.

If you want to run everything, you need the 7K.

Just sayin'

Mark

orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #3

Mississippi
Was it a nominal up-charge or shockingly high! If it is nominal I may be contacting dealer, also did anything have to be done to the breakers in camper?

Thanks David
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #4

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Was it a nominal up-charge or shockingly high! If it is nominal I may be contacting dealer, also did anything have to be done to the breakers in camper?

Thanks David

David,

Nothing had to be done for the breakers at all…

It wasn't an up charge because I bought it outright. The manufacturer included a pull behind 7500 watt generator. They gave me 750.00 bucks back for it and I bought the Onan for $4600.00

I think they charged me 4 hours labor to install it.

Works perfectly…

Mark
orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote