110 outlet problems - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Electrical, Batteries, Charging and Electronics
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2013, 02:27 AM   #1

Mississippi
110 outlet problems

I have a 2013 Komfort 3530FBH by Dutchmen. After a storm all the 110 outlets on the curbside of the trailer lost all power. At first I thought it was just the gfci but after replacing that I still have no power. None of the breakers or fuses in the main panel box are tripped or blown and not all of the outlets involved are on the gfci circuit.

dahoehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoehn View Post
I have a 2013 Komfort 3530FBH by Dutchmen. After a storm all the 110 outlets on the curbside of the trailer lost all power. At first I thought it was just the gfci but after replacing that I still have no power. None of the breakers or fuses in the main panel box are tripped or blown and not all of the outlets involved are on the gfci circuit.
Did you flip the breakers off then back on? Sometimes a breaker appears that it is in the on position, when it has tripped.

Next check the wiring of receptacles on the circuit. Ever since that advent of the push in wire terminals, it has become standard practice to use this short cut in wiring. Very often the push in connection will fail, ie come lose. If this has happened you will loose power to all receptacles down stream.

I found that to be a problem in my house and rewired all of the receptacles and switches, using pigtails and the screw terminals.

Also check that the panel wiring is firmly attached.

Good luck in your quest.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #3

Quebec
X2 on checking the breakers. When they trip, they usually stay in what looks like the 'on' position.
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #4

Michigan
also check the breakers on the supply post. sounds like you may have lost one leg of your 50 amp feed.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #5

Indiana
Our 50 amp cord has two little blue lights on it (one for each leg). Check to make sure you are getting both legs of power into the trailer. We had a campground box with a bad leg earlier this year, and those blue lights led us to the problem.

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:16 AM   #6

Florida
Had the same problem. After almost giving up found that the factory installed an outlet behind the fuse box. And it went bad. Why would they install one behind a wall. Spliced wires in a gang box now every outlet works

muddfish is offline   Reply With Quote