I'm upset! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Lifestyle | Camping, Fun & Hobbies > General Off-Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #1

Saskatchewan
I'm upset!

I may be preaching to the converted but here goes - We left home on August 6th and today is the second time that I'm stepped into something left behind by a campers pet. I owned a dog for 16 years and I know that it's a lot of work to clean up after your pet. Our first night was in Minot, ND and what a slough that was. Fido's rib bones and poo were all over the place. My new truck was only one week old so guess who stepped in it and then into his new truck. Today while setting up camp in Medora, ND I did the same thing. If it happens again I'm going to get your addresses from the camp owners and mail you the package you left behind.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post
I may be preaching to the converted but here goes - We left home on August 6th and today is the second time that I'm stepped into something left behind by a camper's pet. I owned a dog for 16 years and I know that it's a lot of work to clean up after your pet. Our first night was in Minot, ND and what a slough that was. Fido's rib bones and poo were all over the place. My new truck was only one week old so guess who stepped in it and then into his new truck. Today while setting up camp in Medora, ND I did the same thing. If it happens again I'm going to get your addresses from the camp owners and mail you the package you left behind.
Put it in a paper bag, take it to their house, set it on fire, then ring the door bell.

We have 2 dogs and each lease has a poop bag on the hand loop. I don't know what's so hard about picking up after your dogs.

Some people you can't even embarass into cleaning up after their pets.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #3

Indiana
Quote:
I may be preaching to the converted but here goes - We left home on August 6th and today is the second time that I'm stepped into something left behind by a camper's pet. I owned a dog for 16 years and I know that it's a lot of work to clean up after your pet. Our first night was in Minot, ND and what a slough that was. Fido's rib bones and poo were all over the place. My new truck was only one week old so guess who stepped in it and then into his new truck. Today while setting up camp in Medora, ND I did the same thing. If it happens again I'm going to get your addresses from the camp owners and mail you the package you left behind.
I know your upset..........it may not be the last people that rented that site. Many times, I see people going to an empty site and allowing their pets to do their thing without picking it up. Then someone like you or I set up camp at that site.

I've seen ignorant and lazy people (kids included) allowing there pets to do this. I've seen times where we've shown up at a site and the pet next door comes out of its camper and runs for our site to do their duty.

At times it may have been the last renter, more often then not its a passer by walking the dog or neighbors' dog.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #4

Idaho
Go to campgroundreviews.com and rate the campground. This is a pretty good source of information that another camper told us about. We have found that the reviews are pretty close to being right. I have nothing to do with this company or web site, other than using it and passing it on to others. It has kept us out of some bad campgrounds.
jtaylor1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Don't blame you. I travel with a Standard Poodle and rolls of the doggie bags. Not good for people or other dogs!
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #6

I agree Rvparkreviews is the best source for the near truth on most Campgrounds.
winglessprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:24 AM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Put it in a paper bag, take it to their house, set it on fire, then ring the door bell.
Sounds like an extra fun Halloween prank.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #8

Oklahoma
I watch where my dog makes a deposit and dispatch it as needed. The key is watch where one steps, situational awareness includes where one's feet go.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #9

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltageGuy View Post
Sounds like an extra fun Halloween prank.
Just something I learned in my misspent youth.

Tends to be a bit messy when they try to stomp out the flames.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #10

Saskatchewan
Thanks for the tip on RVparkreviews. Wished we would have read it before we stayed in Minot.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #11

Ontario
I make it a point to carry a pooper scooper with me every time I go out for a walk with my dog. I try my best to avoid any chance of my dog's poop be left behind which would be a disturbance people around.
hannahjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #12

this past weekend several of our group was out camping. One of the group happened to be outside his camper when Mr. Dog walker came along with a large dog. The dog did his business right in his camping area. The man and dog walked away. My buddy who is not to shy hollered at him to pick up his mess. The man replied he had nothing to pick it up with. My friend gave him a plastic bag whereas the man picked it up and continued on with out any apology.
Some people make it very unpleasant for others. Others are plain rude.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #13

Ohio
We had a dog do his business and left I was mad
kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #14

Arizona
Oh I hate this.

Couple of weeks ago, went to our favorite camp place, Lake Patagonia AZ. Got there kind of late (8PM). Set up, parked the truck. In the am, got up to organize. Noticed I ran over a big pile of dog poo left by the previous campers. BRAND NEW TIRES on my truck. Just bought them, hooked up to the trailer and drove to the lake. DOG POO IN THE TREADS OF MY BRAND NEW TIRES. Wife wondered while I drove through every puddle I could find when we drove into town for dinner that night...lol

Seriously.. I have had dogs my whole life. Mostly German Shepherds. Big poo! Clean up after your dog.!!!!
Old 08-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #15

Nevada
I travel with 2 Labs, and we were in a big nice campground in AZ, last year, and a camper across from us had a small dog, who he let out everyday to do his business without getting out of his large MH, after others were getting mad about this little visitor, the rest of us got together and picked it up and placed into his barbq….
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #16

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post
I travel with 2 Labs, and we were in a big nice campground in AZ, last year, and a camper across from us had a small dog, who he let out everyday to do his business without getting out of his large MH, after others were getting mad about this little visitor, the rest of us got together and picked it up and placed into his barbq….
Good for you guys! I probably would have been more aggressive, a nice pile of dog crap on his automatic steps comes to mind.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #17

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNevada View Post

Nice!!!
Old 08-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #18

New Jersey
Quote:
I may be preaching to the converted but here goes - We left home on August 6th and today is the second time that I'm stepped into something left behind by a campers pet. I owned a dog for 16 years and I know that it's a lot of work to clean up after your pet. Our first night was in Minot, ND and what a slough that was. Fido's rib bones and poo were all over the place. My new truck was only one week old so guess who stepped in it and then into his new truck. Today while setting up camp in Medora, ND I did the same thing. If it happens again I'm going to get your addresses from the camp owners and mail you the package you left behind.
I agree with you except for it being a lot of work. We find cleanup to be easy given that campgrounds supply free bags and even fenced-in areas for fido to run around in. My dog and I are only too happy to set the example and I've even been known to walk after someone and tell them to "pick it up" or I'll mention it to the campground staff.

Know what irks me more than a steaming pile of dog doo?

Cigarette butts !

Why do people think they can litter their gross DNA-laden cancer sticks from here to timbucktoo on the sidewalk, in the bathroom, on the beach where everyone's walking barefoot, in the pool, just... EVERYWHERE at the campsite! Disgusting ! Heck, last time we went camping someone left 2 smoldering remnants right next to our RV. I don't remember ordering any firestarters... heh heh. Listen, I'll shame people into doing what's right but I'm not out to crack anyone's head.

I guess it comes down to this. Some people are lazy, self-absorbed, lumps that view the camping experience a bit differently than the rest of us. All we can do is lead by our own example and hope that others follow - or at least take the hint.

Ken
High-Energy JRT (Jack Russell Terrier)
kalm_in_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:10 AM   #19

South Carolina
We just came back from a great park with a dog park, with a plastic bag station and a can to put them in. Very nice, everyone kept it clean. We also camp at two or three great places that also cater to horse-owner-campers, because of proximity to horse trails. Now those animals leave BIG piles behind!
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:46 AM   #20

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
The key is watch where one steps, situational awareness includes where one's feet go.
I used to find and remove land mines when I was employed by Uncle Sam. Watching where one steps is critical.

What used to P.O. me was when we would train, some joker would hide a small anti-personell mine under a large anti-tank mine with a note that said Boom. All inert by the way. Thirty years later, and now we have to dodge "land mines" in a campground.