A |Coincidental Meeting! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #1

Wyoming
A |Coincidental Meeting!

We pulled into a campsite near Prince George, BC and just after setting up another rig pulls into the site across the road from us. After saying hello he looks at my truck and says, "Are you on the Dutchmen Forum?" Turns out to be Daryl (grump010) who recognized my rig from the pictures I've posted!

We had a very enjoyably few visits with Daryl and Merry Anne. Thanks Daryl for the beer run to PG for me too!

It just goes to show that active participation in this forum can enhance your travels immensely. You never know who you'll bump into in your travels.

Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #2

New York
I'm a (Some Other Brand) member of the Sunline Owners Club, and I have had a few "chance meetings" with members. It is always fun to meet up with "cyber friends"!

On the SOC forum, there are many mini Meet & Greets, throughout the east coast.....it would be nice if we could get a few organized on this forum as well.

I still chair the Adirondack M&G for the Sunline Club and it lots of fun! Been doing this for about 5 years now!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #3

British Columbia
Gord and Laura,
We had very enjoyable visits with you 2 and your welcome for the beer run, I hope you like the local dark as it is my favorite. Remember, when you are passing back through PG to give us a call and either stop for a visit or stay the night. I just walked in the door, once I get unloaded and settled I'll send the links for the LED lights and the solar panels.

Cheers
Daryl B.
grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #4

British Columbia
Wanderer and Grump010....I bet either of you a "medium double double" that you two met at Purden Lake Provincial campground.

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #5

Wyoming
Yup, we did so no bet from me!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #6

British Columbia
Ok I'll buy if you pass through Kamloops....safe travels to the New and old Hazeltons...remember the name Tubby...

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #7

Wyoming
Not passing through Kamloops this trip but I'll take a raincheck for next time!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #8

British Columbia
Gord,
This is the link to the battery monitor system that I showed you:
TriMetric Battery System | Bogart Engineering
I purchased it from this company in Chemainus.
The monitor I have is this one
The wire harness is this one
The shunt is this one
The package is the most reasonably priced I could find in Canada and the shipping to PG was very reasonable.

The solar panel was from this company in China, with free shipping. On the weekend I used about 15% of my battery capacity per day and the panel replenished with about 2.5 to 3 hours of sun on the panels. I used their ebay auction as the shipping is free. they are 2 60 watt panels with 10 amp charge controller in a portable configuration.

And finally the LED lights for the trailer, actually all my LED lighting is purchased through this company as an escrow service. Nice feature is you pay them, get your product, once your happy you release funds from aliexpress to the company that you purchased from.
Here is a quick search for the lights we would use. Lots to look at and choose from, typically I pay about $2.00 a light shipping included.

Sorry for the long winded response, I hope I covered everything we talked about if not you know how to get a hold of me

Cheers
Daryl B.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:24 AM   #9

British Columbia
Coop,
No need to bet, I'll buy you a bevy of your choice if we get a chance to meet in the future.
First time fishing on Purden and I caught a couple of 2 to 2.5 lb rainbows for a couple hours effort (not much of an effort mind you) just nice to go for a putt in the boat. Temps were 25 to 29 C for the entire weekend, I love summer almost as much as fall.

Daryl B.