What to look for in a used Kodiak? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2018, 12:42 AM   #1

Pennsylvania
What to look for in a used Kodiak?

Hello everyone. Over the last 9 months I've been researching RVs and RVing. I'm looking to eventually take a 2-3 month trip across the country, but will start with a week here or there. I can (luckily) work from anywhere, and can hopefully work part-time while on the road and keep some cash coming in.

Anyway, I've come to realize I wanted to keep things relatively inexpensive, and have been looking at used RVs, thinking I'd rather get a used decent RV, than a new cheap one. I had stopped looking for a few months over the winter, and recently came across an RV that I liked almost 5 months ago, that is still for sale for $4500 less, which has got me thinking again. I am thinking about going to take a look at it this weekend, but I want to know what I should be on the lookout for? Is there anything specific with Kodiaks? Or just that you've experienced?

I'm super worried about leaks, but its over 3 years old, so I would assume if there were leaks they would be pretty obvious by now. I'm also worried because its for sale at Camping World, which I've heard horror stories about.

But it's a 2015 Kodiak 220RBSL. Was for sale for $20k back in October, down to $15.5k now. I'm thinking of offering $13k-ish and see if they go for it.
https://rv.campingworld.com/rv/1501749

Anyway, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:28 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome to the forums!

Nothing wrong with going used, just do your research and make sure everything works properly because you most likely won't have a warranty, not that they are worth all that much to begin with. Hopefully you are the handy type and fix things and save the aggravation of having to deal with the dealer.

Here is a link to some checklists on what to look for.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote